56

I, once again, sit down on my stage, my legs hanging over the edge. I sit there for a few seconds, propped up on my hands.

I groan "Why is everything so complicated?!" I whine, falling back onto my stage. "Nothing makes sense anymore! I don't know who I am, Tsukasa doesn't seem like who I think he is and that Hanako guy doesn't seem like the person I was told he was! On top of that, I've just noticed this random ass necklace!" As I begin to speak of the necklace, I sit up and reach behind me to unclasp the necklace, letting out a small sigh of relief when I can actually unclasp it.

I let the necklace dangle in front of my face "But why does this necklace feel so special to me..? Even though I know exactly who gave it to me..?"

As I finish, I gently clasp the necklace around my neck again. My vision starts to blur and black dots appear. My head starts to feel light and my eyelids feel heavy. I already know what's about to happen, so I lie back down and close my eyes, allowing myself to drift off into what I assume to be memories of some sort.

I find myself standing by a beautiful tree with pink cherry blossoms sprouting from the leaves. I look up to see a twinkling night sky. I marvel at the beauty.

I hear voices in the distance and look towards them. I see a boy and a girl running towards the tree, the boy dragging the girl along behind her. It's me and Hanako.

The other me (who I decided to call 'mini-me') looks up at the sky, marveling at the fireflies that light up as they feel the movement of the grass. I watch as Hanako smirks evilly and grabs me, flying up to the top of the tree. I hastily follow. No way I'm leaving mini-me alone with this guy. Even if this is a memory.

I glare at Hanako as he stares happily at the sky. After a small conversation, Hanako points up at the sky and starts naming some of the stares such as 'Sirius A' and 'VY Canis Majoris' as well as listing facts about them. It's fascinating and calming as well as familiar. It makes me smile.

I settle myself on the tree branch next to Hanako. I found out his name is Amane. Though I feel like I already knew that. Everything being said feels like something I'm hearing for the first time but also something I've heard before. It's scary but, again, relaxing.

I sit happily and listen to the facts that Hanako spills to mini-me, a ridiculous smile on my face as I close my eyes.

This is nice.

Really nice.

I wish I could just stay like this.

Stay in this memory.

However, my happiness is soon cut off by a shrill, high-pitched scream. My eyes widen in fear and sadness as the beautiful memory fades into blackness.