59

I run all the way from the bathroom back to the drama room, panting when I finally come to a stop outside the doors. My face is still flushed red from Amane's remark only a few minutes earlier. I take one last deep, calming breath and push the door open, only to be met with a cute, yet sad, scene.

About 20 or so mokke stand around the body of the recently deceased. They're all wearing tiny black suits and tiny black dresses. Many of them using their ears to hold tissue with which they blow their noses and wipe their small, beady black eyes.

The deceased mokke lies on a small cardboard box with a single flower on top. A mokke in elegant and expensive looking black suit and a small book placed in front of them speaks.

"Here lies Mokke #526893742" The mokke pauses for a second before continuing "Aka, Bob" I can't help but let out a short laugh.

I take a breath and continue watching the ceremony.

"Bob was an amazing Mokke. He always did whatever he could to help better the lives of those around him, Mokke or not. He made his fair share of mistakes, but always went above and beyond to make up for it. Bob was a dear friend to everyone. Someone we could trust and confide in. He always made sure to show his gratitude towards each and every one of us, despite whether we deserved it or not. Bob was one of the rare beings that was able to see the good in everyone. We should all strive to be like Bob, kind, forgiving, sympathetic and hard working. Bob's memory will live on in all of us as a role model of what we all strive to become. We wish for him to rest in peace"

I can't help but let a few tears flow down my cheeks.

"'Don't cry' Bob would say 'Be happy. I know it'll be hard, but I want you to take my memory and keep pushing forward' And we shall do just that. We will hold Bob's memory close to our hearts and push forward" The Mokke says, finishing their speech by wiping a tear with their fluffy ear.

With that, I watch as a group of 4 Mokke stand beside Bob's body, 2 on either side. The gently pick bob up with their ears and begin to bring him outside, the rest of the Mokke following. I step to the side to let them out before following behind them. I follow them to the confession tree where a small hole has been dug with white and pink flowers lining the perimeter. They gently place Bob's body in a small, wooden box, probably one they stole from a student, and gently lower Bob and the box into the hole before covering it with dirt. A small photo of Bob is placed against the tree and I single red rose is placed on top of the newly made grave.

Just like in a movie, raindrops begin falling from the sky, however, no one moves to grab an umbrella. We all just stay standing in our places, either sadly looking at the grave or just staring at the ground in front of us.

After about an hour, the crowd slowly begins to disperse until I'm the only one still at the tree.

I take a deep breath and walk towards the grave, getting on my knees next to it. I wipe my eyes and the tears rolling down my cheeks. I pet the soil continuously... the same way I would always pet the Mokke...

"I'm.... so sorry..." I whisper as another tear rolls down my cheek "I'm sorry I didn't wake up sooner... I'm sorry I didn't do anything... I'm sorry I didn't save you... I don't know what you wanted to say to me, but... I know it would have been something important.... Tsukasa said you were gonna tell me he was a bad person... That he's the real bad guy..." I pause to let out a soft sob as I pull my hand back, gripping the hem of my skirt tightly as spots of it darken from the rain and my tears. "I'm actually... starting the think that... Y'know... That Tsukasa might actually be the bad guy... I mean... He always seems so angry... and he insists on everyone doing what he wants... and then he.... He killed you... You didn't deserve it... It wasn't your time to go... I don't know about everyone else but... I know that I took your existence for granted... I'm gonna miss you so much...."

With those final words, I stand up and slowly make my way back to the drama room.