50

I stare at the boy in front of me as he stares at my knife-art in adoration.

"I'm sorry... 'not truly gone'?" I ask, practically ridiculing him "Whet the hell is that support to mean?" I ask Hanako.

He doesn't seem to hear me, instead just staring at the knifes, lost in thought. I sigh and walk backstage before pulling the wooden leaver again, closing the curtains. I walk back out to see Hanako looking around, confused and wondering where I went. I cross my arms and repeat my question "What the hell did you mean by 'not truly gone'?"

The boys eyes seem to widen and as he realizes what he's said. He decides now isn't the best time to tell me about my past.

"Never mind that" He says "What did you mean when you said 'talking to the asshole that killed me'?" He finishes, obviously confused.

I scoff at this. "Yeah, like you don't know what I mean. You literally killed me. You're the reason I'm here as a ghost. The reason that I'm stuck granting wishes as a secret wonder! Don't act innocent..." I say in a low voice.

I watch as Hanako's face falls. I sigh in annoyance and the door to the drama room opens and a student walks in. My eyes widen "Shit!" I say as I quickly raise my hands, making all the knifes on the wall disappear. I then run backstage and pull the lever, causing the curtains to open.

I get ready to appear before the student and watch as they bring out a knife before going over the summoning ritual. I only now notice that they have a friend with them. Maybe they both have separate wishes. Hanako seems to be intent on watching from the sidelines. I sigh and shake my head at this. When the student finishes the ritual, I jump down and appear before them, giving them my signature 'Hello there' and asking for their wish.

The student replies by asking to be granted with wealth for them and their family. I go through the whole process of determining whether I grant their wish and kill them. I eventually conclude that they secretly gambled away everything their family had, money, belongings and even their house. I immediately summon my knifes, killing the student.

I knife appears at the foot of the other student. They can't see me, hear me or see my knifes. All they saw was the portal and their friend being stabbed by something invisible. I watch as the student performs the ritual and I appear before them, repeating my introduction and asking for their wish.

This student replies by asking to be granted knowledge. Once again, I go through the process of determining their fate before coming to a conclusion. I can see that this student has put a lot of effort into their studying, trying to gain the knowledge they desire, I also see that the student always does their best and always tries to be helpful and kind. I smile brightly at the student and wave my hand, watching as a soft F/C mist swirls from the palm of my hand before delicately making its way over to the student, it wraps around their head and sinks in. "What's 568,933 + 189,00?" I ask, still smiling.

The student thinks for a second before their eyes widen in happiness and they shout out their answer "587,833!" I smile before nodding at the student. They bow in thanks and run out the door.