7

As the tip of the knife stayed in its place. My breathing started to shake. I felt the walls I built up to try and hide myself come crumbling down. I was finally going to die, forever this time.

I felt my eyes start to well up with tears and they slowly started to slide down my cheeks. I can't let it end like this. I worked so hard to get to where I am now. Throwing away my pride, I yell "Hanako please don't kill me!"

As soon as those words leave my mouth, I inwardly cringe at my word choice. I've never really been good when it came to asking for mercy. I always seemed to sound sappy and cringy, hence I built up a tough act for myself. I hate myself for doing that but it was my last resort.

"Huh?" I hear. I look up and see Hanako's knife slightly tilted down, as if he let his arm fall slightly. He's now looking at me with a mixture of both confusion and interest in his eyes and I hate it.

"What did you just say Chisana? I didn't quite hear you" He says, A sly grin now plastered across his smug face. "Y-you heard me dumbass!" I say, quickly trying to rebuild my walls. "Hmm no, I don't think I did!" He smiles, raising the knife back up and pressing it to my neck "Oh well" He shrugs as he pulls the knife back, getting ready to strike.

"I-I SAID DON'T KILL ME!" I yell, bringing my arms up in front of me in a defensive X shape. Hanako smiles and slides his knife back into his shirt with a sly grin. "Well then, I guess I just might spare you, for a price of course" He extends his arm out to me, pulling me to my feet.

I stand before him, back still to the wall with my arms crossed. I look down at my feet, anger, disappointment, relief, fear, hatred and so many other feelings I can't describe filling my mind.

Hanako starts rummaging through his pockets and I look up at him expectantly. Eventually he pulls out a small white bag with a red drawstring, it has a seal on it. He opens it and pulls out 2 shiny, metallic oval-shaped things.

"What the hell are those??" I question as he holds his hand out to me, gesturing for me to take one. "There mermaid scales, anyone who eats one is cursed. Part of that curse is a bond with another. I want you to eat one, I will too. Then we will be bonded" He smiles.

I push his hand away, my walls are fully built up again. "Bonded? With you? No way in hell" I say, crinkling my nose at the scale. He shrugs and goes to put them back in the white bag. "I guess I'll just leave you to the Minamoto brothers then" He shrugs.

"Hold on a minute, the Minamoto brothers?? Who the hell are they??" I questioned "Hm? Oh, they come from a family of skilled exorcists and they seem to be looking for a certain someone" He smirked at me "Cause they've killed off a few to many students. What a shame that person should be exorcised in about a week" He says, wiping a fake tear from his eye.

My eyes widen, This jerk! He's threatening me with my own... dead life? Whatever, he's still threatening me!

"Give me a day to think about it" I say through gritted teeth, I turn around quickly, deliberately making my hair hit him in the face and I fly back up to the stage lights "I'll give you an answer then, asshole" I huff.

With that, he nods silently and smiles, walking out of the room, closing the door behind him.