9

I stand there, knife to my neck and fear in my eyes. I'm going to die if I don't agree to this stupid bond...

I have no choice.

"Fine... I'll agree to your stupid bond or whatever." I mumble, trying to keep my voice firm and rid of any fear.

He grins at me and steps back. I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding.

He puts his knife away and start digging into his pockets, pulling out a series of random things...

A strange... cow, pig thing, a blob with a face... a... porn magazine.... Uhm... a kokeshi doll... and finally the small bag.

He pulls out 2 of the scales and hands me one "Whelp! Down the hatch it goes!" He cheers as he chucks the scale down his throat. I crinkle my nose in disgust. He looks at me with a smile and notices me staring at the scale still in my hand and stares at it too.

"Are you gonna eat it? You probably should if you want my protection y'know" he says, tilting his head to the side.

I'm having second thoughts now... Am I really about to do this? Make a bond with a random boy I just met?

He sighs and grabs the scale from my hand "Hey uhm... I don't know much about those scales but I don't think you should take both of them" I say, slightly concerned.

Wait, why am I concerned for this douchbag?? I hate him! Hate him! he's forcing me to make a bond with him!

I'm cut from my train of thought when Hanako starts speaking again, yet to swallow the metallic scale now resting on his tounge.

"Hmm, no, I don't think it's a very smart thing for me to do. Then again, that's not what I intended to do" He says, a completely new smirk plastering its way onto his face. I can't tell the emotion behind it, Joy? Excitement? Sneakiness?

He has a slightly flirtatious look in his eyes... What is this guy planning...

My mind starts running even faster as his face moves closer to mine. He rests his arm above my head and rests his hand in his pocket, head slightly tilted to the side. What he says next makes my body freeze and eyes widen.

"This is what I was planning to do" He whispers before he presses his lips to mine softly. I gasp in surprise and feel him push the scale into my mouth, the metallic flavoring now filling my mouth. He pulls away as quickly as he connected our lips and I swallow the scale out of surprise.

I only then realized what happened.

First, I swallowed the scale. I'm bonded to him... and... on top of that... he kissed me... My first kiss was with Hanako the bathroom ghost, 7th of the 8 wonders, the leader of the school wonders.

My whole face heats up and Hanako chuckles, stepping back. "Well isn't that a cute face! I might just have to make you look like that more often" He smiles.

I close my eyes and swing my fist, I don't care where it hit him, or even if it hit him at all, I just needed him to move back.

I feel my fist collide with something hard and hear a bang. I open my eyes and see Hanako rubbing the back of his head. He hit the wall on the opposite side of the room.

"Geese Chisana, Go easy on me! After all, I did grant you a wish in exchange for you agreeing to our bond" He huffs

"Huh?" I question. A wish? I didn't ask for a wish? He smiles and floats up to me and grabs my hand, floating up to be even taller than he was before. Why do I have to be so short? "Well, the other wonders told me that lots of your rumors contained finding love, no matter what the person wanted. Usually that means you missed out on finding the love you wanted when you were alive" He smiles again. I tilt my head to the side and raise an eyebrow, showing my confusion.

He chuckles again "Well, Chisana. Now that we've entered a bond, I'm sure we'll share all sorts of things, including different types of feelings" He says, a sincere look in his eyes.

And, that's how it happened... I became bonded with a fellow wonder in an empty bathroom at the warm rays of twilight...