33

It's been at least a month since I confronted Amane. I've become friends with both the young exorcist, Kou, and the other girl, Yashiro.

I watch as both Yashiro and Kou walk in and begin to clean the bathrooms, grateful to the fact I no longer need to.

We all start to have a small chat, asking each other about how our day went. Eventually it gets to Yashiro and she begins to explain how her day went with great enthusiasm. "I bumped into a really hot boy this morning!" She squeals, a smile growing on my face as I listen. "No way! Who? Who?!" I yell, jumping down from my seat on the windowsill next to Amane to bounce over to Yashiro as she pulls out her bubblegum pink phone with a picture of her broach on it.

I stand behind her and watch as she goes into her photos and scrolls over to a picture of a tall boy with his hands in his pockets and short, scruffy brown hair and cat-like facial features. To put it simply, he looked like a stereotypical playboy and my face immediately fell along with my hands that were previously balled up excitedly at my chest.

"His name is Natsuhiko" Yashiro continued, putting her phone back in her pocket and bringing her hands to her chest and balling them into fists with a dreamy look in her eyes. I sigh and put my hand on her shoulder, causing her to shake her head vigorously before looking at me. "Yashiro... He looks like every single playboy that ever existed combined into one person..." I deadpan, watching guiltily as her face drops and she looks down "I know but... he was really nice to me" She mumbles.

I look over to the boys for some backup to see them both standing there staring at us, obviously confused on what's going on. I glare at the 2 and clear my throat harshly, using my eyes to gesture to the cream-haired girl beside me.

Kou's eyes widen and he rushes up to Yashiro. "Y-Y/N's right senpai! This Natsuhiko dude doesn't seem like good news! Y'know we're just trying to look out for you, right?" He babbles hopelessly. I look down and shake my head as Amane comes up behind him and pushes him back, taking the lead. "Yashiro, This guy doesn't seem good, I've seen him around the school a bunch! He plays with girls as if their slinkies!" He yells, throwing his arms up in the air. I have to slap a hand over my mouth to contain the laugh building up inside me at Amane's enthusiasm.

Yashiro sighs and nods her head "Ok, ok. I get it, he's bad news but-" Yashiro starts before I notice a distressed look quickly flood across Kou's face and he points a finger at me "Y/N! YOUR ARM!!" He screams, causing everyone else to jump in fright before shifting our attention to my right arm.

I watch as my arm slowly becomes more and more transparent until I can hardly even make it out. I look up to my friends in fear "Guys?? What's going on??" I question, my voice shaking. I look up to Amane, watching as his golden-amber eyes widen and his pupils dilute. "Y-Y/N... When was the last time someone tried to summon you...?" He asks slowly, trying to stay calm despite the fear obviously winding its way into his voice.

I stand there and think, closing my eyes in concentration and trying to ignore the fact that my body is growing fainter and fainter.

I finally remember and look back at Amane "N-no one has tried to summon me since that Eto Katsuo kid asked me to help him with his bulling problem" I mumble.

Amane shakes his head before turning to Yashiro and Kou "When was the last time you guys heard anything about Y/N's rumor?" He asks, worry now much more prominent in his voice. The 2 look at each other before shaking their heads and turning back to Amane. "We haven't heard anything since Yashiro summoned Hanako" Kou shrugs.

I hear Amane curse under his breath before turning to me with a grim look on his face.

"I think your rumor has died out"