62

A few weeks have passed. Amane and Tsuchigomori have been helping me with my rehab. I'm now able to say a few small words like 'yes' and 'no' and sometimes even 'maybe'. Amane's making sure I stay well hydrated to prevent my throat from drying out.

It kinda sucks though because Amane doesn't want me leaving the infirmary.

Tonight is no exception.

I smile as Amane bids me goodnight, closing and locking the door to try and keep me from leaving. I close my eyes and rest for about 15 minutes to ensure he's gone. Once he's done, I quietly climb out of bed and slip my shoes on. I look around and grab my knife, just in case, and jump out the window.

Amane always forgets to lock the window.

I let out a sigh, feeling the cold night air brush against my face. I open my eyes ad look around. Everything is overshadowed in a beautiful midnight blue light. The moon is full and the stars shine brightly above me. The trees softly sway in the wind, the leaves falling and floating away in the cool, midnight breeze.

I listen to the soft crunch of the grass beneath my feet as I walk. I walk slowly but with purpose. I wipe away the tears already forming. I want to save my tears for when I actually get there.

I walk slowly in the moonlight until I see the cherry blossom tree come into view. I close my eyes and take a deep breath before continuing. I let myself fall to my knees when I approach the grave of the mokke. This isn't fair.

I sit there and stare at the grave for what feels like hours. That is until I feel someone's hand on my shoulder. I jump slightly.

Crap.

"Y/N? What are you doing out here?" Amane asks, annoyed. I look down, tears still falling.

"Y/N, look at me" He says, gently grabbing my chin and turning my head to face him. The annoyance in his eyes quickly disappears when he see's my tears. He turns to the grave in front of me before looking back at me with a reassuring smile "Fine... Just for a few minutes..." He says as he gets on his knees next to me. He wraps his arm around my shoulder and pulls me into his chest where I cry softly.

After about 15 minutes, Amane slowly stands up and reaches his hand out to me "C'mon... It's time to go back to bed"

I sit still for a minute before sighing and standing up. I take Amane's hand as he gently pulls me towards the infirmary and sits me down on the bed. I look down sadly as he pulls the shoes off my feet and puts them at the end of the bed. Amane lies my down on the bed and pulls the covers over me "Ok, this time, you're gonna stay in bed, ok?" He says, in a stern yet soft voice. I hug the pillow and nod softly. I watch as he smiles sweetly at me and I slowly drift off to sleep.