130. 𝑀𝑒

Syn

I looked at her, my mouth unintentionally parting. I was shocked. There wasn't exactly a beginner's guide to dealing with resurrected succubi fiancés. But if there was, I doubt there'd be a subsection on sex. Second thought, there might be.

Regardless, I had to navigate this myself.

"Are you sure you're not confusing the two?" I finally asked her and she bit the side of her lower lip as she scanned me from head to toe. My eyes flicked to her lips and my throat went dry. I wanted nothing more than to say fuck it all and bury myself in her.

My entire body screamed for it actually. It was the reason why I stood up to get food.

I just needed a minute to get myself together. She was making me lose my mind.

How could I not lose it when she was telling me that I was enough and she was glad to belong to me...completely?

She always did, but there was no way out anymore. No escape. And that was okay with her.

Even if I couldn't give her anything else but me and that alone, she was happy with it.

Before I met her I never imagined hearing those words from anyone or saying them myself. Relationships were business and sex was transactional. I never did anything without getting something from it and nobody did anything for me without wanting something.

But here she was in front of me saying forget everything else.

She refused to add another scar to my already marred body because she loved me so much...I couldn't deal.

There was a brief moment where I thought I'd never hear her voice again, see her eyes waiting for a response from me like this again. Almost everyone thought I had lost it. I was beginning to believe I had as well, but I held out. I would've held out forever if I needed to.

Reality and my imagination could collide into each other until the only place I saw her was in my dreams, and I'd be happy.

Insanity would be a welcome acquaintance.

"Is the hospital gown throwing you off?" She asked me, frowning as she undid the tie on the back of her neck. "I'll take it off."

"Queen," I warned her but she let the garment slip down her arms and cast it aside. I averted my eyes, clearing my throat. She needed rest. Not sex. We had all the time in the world when she was back to full health.

"Syn," she mocked me. "What? You don't want to?"

"It's not that."

"Then?" She tilted her head, catching my eye and I sighed.

"I want you to heal."

"Well, if you took your eyes off my face and looked anywhere else, you'd see that I am healed," she said, shifting to sit on her heels. I heard her wince when she moved her arm and I raised a brow. Healed? She rubbed the aching spot on her arm. "To be fair this one is from you and all the needles."

Still.

I grabbed the hospital gown from the floor where she let it fall and held it out for her, my eyes glued to hers. She frowned, amusement still dancing in her eyes as she took it from my hand. The moment I took a step away to put some distance between us, she grabbed my hoodie and tugged. Pulling me back.

I sighed, flush against the hospital bed and she grinned, rising on her knees. Her body pressed against mine, her lips only inches away. My eyes scanned her beautiful face before settling on her dark eyes and her fingers moved to the zipper of my jacket. My hand covered hers in a feeble attempt to stop her and her eyes searched mine.