106. 𝑆ℎ𝑒 𝐾𝑛𝑜𝑤𝑠

Queen

I turned and twisted in the bed- falling in and out of sleep as I tried to relax my mind. The attempts proved to be futile each time I opened my eyes and darkness stared back at me. I missed him. I was used to sleeping with him. Even when I couldn't, I could at least fall asleep knowing that in the morning I'd be in his arms with him fast asleep behind me. I didn't have that feeling with me right now though.

Everything felt off.

I groaned into the pillow beside me, cringing at the warmness. I felt fucking hot. I didn't have any nightmares that I could recall but my shirt was soaked. I felt disgusting.

I threw the covers off of me, swinging my feet to the floor and standing up. I walked toward the restroom, lifting my shirt above my head and tossing it aside. Maybe a shower was what I truly needed- maybe it'd wash away the memory of every single thing that happened today.

I wanted so badly to believe that it was all some bad dream. A dark part of me wished that Drake had somehow put a temporary spell on Syn- making him a douche for tonight and he'd go back to normal in the morning. Because he most definitely was not acting like the man I knew and loved.

I stayed in the scalding hot shower until I felt my fingers prune up and I couldn't see past the steamed shower door. I ran a hand past my head, wringing the water out of my hair as I stepped out of the shower.

I walked to the mirror, wiping my foggy reflection until I saw myself clearly, and grabbed a towel. I dried my hair, my eyes lazily on myself as the mirror began to clear up. I felt better. It wasn't a huge difference but at least I didn't feel like I was dying inside anymore.

"You're good, babes," I whispered to my reflection, eyeing my body passively- faint bruises and hickeys from Syn still painted across my skin. I almost smiled at the memories of them until I remembered the moments in the office. That sent my already bitter mood down to the pits of Hell. How could he do this to my body— my skin was covered in evidence of his failed control of himself yet it was all bullshit? "No fucking way," I talked to myself. "Dick was hard as fuck..."

I pulled my hair aggressively with the towel as every single touch and kiss placed on me in the office and basement were analyzed in my brain. Syn could act his ass off and he was an amazing liar— but his body would have been able to tell me what his mouth wouldn't...I would have known. I would have sensed something considering how on edge I was. I was watching his every move like a hawk yet I sensed nothing.

Thinking about it was making my head hurt.

Fuck him for that.

Fuck him for me not being able to sleep...

Fuck him for my cramps—

My goddamn heat flashes— for everything that was and wasn't his fault right now. I blamed him.

I set the towel down harder than I should've, the flickering lights evidence of how unstable I was and I closed my eyes, sighing. Calm down...I took a deep breath. Everything was fine—"

I screamed out in pain as I felt a burning across my skin. A single sharp line of pain tore through me, making my hand move to the spot. When I looked down, I saw my bloody hand and I cried out as the torture continued. I grimaced, sinking onto the cold floor. It felt like my skin was being carved from the inside out and there was nothing I could do to stop it.

The bathroom door burst open and Syn ran to my side. "What's going on? Are you okay?" I screamed, tears burning lines down my cheeks and Syn's gaze fell onto the skin above my rib cage as confusion filled his eyes. "Did you hurt yourself?" He stood up, grabbed a small towel from the counter, and turned on the faucet. I fell on my side, my head resting on the floor as the piercing pain suddenly stopped- replaced by an excruciating throbbing on my skin.