4. 𝐵𝑖𝑟𝑡ℎ 𝐴𝑛𝑛𝑖𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑠𝑎𝑟𝑦

October 31, 2021

Syn

"Thank you so much for doing this your highness," a woman from one of the orphanages receiving the funds tonight spoke. Her eyes were soaked with tears as the old woman looked up at me and I looked around uncomfortably before nodding at her. "No one has ever been so kind—"

"No need to thank me," I said firmly before giving her a forced smile and walking away. The charity ball was one I wanted to host I was more than passionate about the cause. Children were truly the only beings in the world that didn't deserve the shit that life had to offer. I'd help a lot of them if I could, but for now, the ones in the Underworld would be my main focus.

"Excuse me," I muttered as I walked past people in the dark room. Xavier and Cleo were in charge of the decorations. In my opinion, they did more than necessary even though I asked them to keep it simple. Cobwebs hung in almost every corner of the palace. Fog covered the floor beneath us, and if we looked down, it was impossible to see our feet. The lights were dimmed a reddish color and occasionally switched depending on the song playing.

All the invited guests were dressed in costumes ranging from overboard, to barely wearing anything at all. If I looked, I was sure I could see at least a couple of people practically naked.

I walked through the guests to the bar and sighed as I sat down on a stool. "I'll take two of the strongest things you have. I don't care what it is." The bartender nodded in confirmation and I leaned my forearms on the marble counter. I looked around to make sure everything was in order and to my immediate knowledge, everything was going according to plan.

Drinks were flowing and money was being donated. The amounts donated from their accounts were no doubt exaggerated by their showing off to friends or inebriated states. It didn't matter to me their reasons as long as they did it. I was just fully aware that plenty of them would wake up with empty bank accounts.

The bartender came back to me and instead of two drinks, there were three. I peered up at him blankly, and he hooked his thumb over his shoulder. "It's from her." I peek slightly behind him to see a woman dressed as an angel. She lifted her wine glass to her lips and winked in my direction when our eyes locked.

Her straight brown hair framed her petite body and her costume left little to the imagination. Her breasts were perfectly visible through the delicate white material and the dress was short enough, I was sure that the whole palace would be seeing something more intimate.

I tore my eyes away from her and nodded at the bartender. "Thanks," I muttered. I looked down at the drinks and slowly downed the two drinks I had specifically ordered. I noticed the glances that the woman would send my way, and I let my eyes occasionally fall on her at some moments. I wasn't sure I'd be returning her suggestive actions, but this was definitely more entertaining than doing nothing all night.

When I finished my drinks, I picked up hers and walked over to her. "I'm sure this belongs to you, darling," I said lowly as I leaned closer to her and set the drink down in front of her. She scoffed lightly, looking between me and the drink as a slow smile spread across her lips.

"You're not into people buying you drinks?" She questioned.

"No, I'm not into Vodka," I corrected.

"Ahh," she nodded slowly in realization. "Well let me buy you a drink that you do like, your highness." If her eyes weren't enough to tell me what she was thinking, the way her finger trailed down my chest was. She slowly moved down my abdomen, but before she could reach my belt buckle, I grabbed her wrist and held it up between us roughly.