46. 𝑇𝑜 𝐹𝑜𝑟𝑔𝑖𝑣𝑒...𝑂𝑟 𝑁𝑜𝑡 𝑇𝑜 𝐹𝑜𝑟𝑔𝑖𝑣𝑒

May 10, 2023

Queen

I listened quietly as Syn told me everything. My heart tugged in a mix of sadness and joy as I heard everything for the first time. When Syn finished, I wiped my eyes of any tears that threatened to spill. "What did you name the baby?" I asked.

"You'll have to find you when you come home." He smiled.

"Is Cleo okay? How is she with everything?" I didn't want to bombard him with questions but how could I not after everything he told me. She gave birth a year ago. So much could have changed and I found myself worrying about my old friends.

"She's," he looked up in thought for the word to find. "Awesome." He nodded. "I think you'd be proud of her."

"Yeah." I nodded as my eyes watered. "I am already."

"You miss her, don't you?"

"How could I not?" I wiped my eyes. "She was my best friend. When I found out she was pregnant, I always imagined myself being there for her...through everything like she was for me. I still wish that I was."

"Things happen," he said.

"Do you think she's mad at me?"

"No, not at all. If anything, she's still torn up over what happened between us and the part she played in it," he replied. "I know you were hurt by what they did, but if anyone is to blame, it's me. They tried to talk me down, but I was so certain..." He sighed and shook his head. "Don't keep punishing them for my mistake."

I let his words sink in and I sighed. Like I told him earlier, I waited for his call. But it wasn't him only. It was all of them. I remembered getting missed calls from Cleo for close to a month but I was so angry that I blocked her. By the time I got over it, I already had a new phone and I couldn't answer phantom calls.

If I truly thought about it, I had forgiven every single one of them a short time after everything happened. I was just too stubborn to be the one to reach out first.

I nodded slowly. "Okay."

"Okay?"

"I want to see them."

He smiled. "Maybe we'll set up something in the near future then—"

"What about tomorrow?" I offered. He raised his brows in surprise and I shrugged. "We haven't really planned anything for Saint's birthday," I said. "Maybe we should just go and celebrate in Hell. With everyone."

I tried my hardest to calm my creeping excitement at the thought of going back home and seeing everyone. The honest truth was that Syn was right. I missed the Underworld. If it weren't for the friends I made up here, I'd pack and leave.

I was also a bit scared to go back. Syn and I, right here in this moment, were amazing. What would happen if we rushed home and shit went left? I liked knowing I had the freedom to return here so I couldn't quite take the leap he want me to just yet.

But I would...eventually.

"Are you sure that's what you want?" He asked. "I hope you don't think I'm pressuring you to—"

"No, you're not. I want to see everyone," I said. "I also really miss my dad." Syn groaned in annoyance at the mention of my father and I smiled. "What?"

"That man is— he tried to give me a damn curfew," he rubbed his head. "Also, he has some strange affliction with buying me things I don't need."

"Like what?"

"Ties, jackets, socks...you name it. He just leaves and then comes back to the palace with stuff."

"Hmm." I rested my head in my hand. "Has it ever occurred to you that all of his children are realms away and it may bring him some joy to care for you?"

Syn remained silent. He looked up at the ceiling in thought and I patiently waited for his response. "No. I never thought of it like that. I just thought he was being a weirdo and bribing me with stuff so I wouldn't kill him or something."

My mouth dropped and Syn caught a glimpse of my expression. "I'm joking," he whispered.

"Uh-huh."

"If that's what you want to do tomorrow, we'll do it," he said. "I'll tell them I'm coming home with Saint for his birthday and I won't mention you. We can surprise them."

"Okay." I yawned. "I can't wait."

"Come here," he said. He moved back slightly, creating a space between him and Saint big enough for me to crawl into. I faced Saint, raising the blanket back over his body and Syn wrapped an arm around the both of us. I relaxed against his body and closed my eyes, welcoming the exhaustion flowing through my body.

Before I fell asleep, I felt Syn place a kiss on my cheek. He whispered something, but I was too tired to pay any mind to it as my body shut down for the night.

꧁꧂

Author's Note

It seems like Queen genuinely misses her old friends👀 she may be forgiving, but I'm not sure y'all are

Where do you stand on this topic?

Lmk your thoughts ❤️