92. 𝐿𝑖𝑘𝑒 𝑇𝑜𝑛𝑖𝑔𝘩𝑡'𝑠 𝑌𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝐵𝑖𝑟𝑡𝘩𝑑𝑎𝑦

Queen

"Oh, please." I rolled my eyes.

"You know what?" He raised his wrist and my eyes landed on the silver bracelet around his wrist that I had gifted him before we broke up. With his other hand, he snapped it within the same second and my mouth dropped. "I know you better than you know yourself. But since you seem to second guess that so often, this should erase any doubt."

I watched the bracelet drop to the floor and I swallowed a shallow breath. His hand reached out toward my chest and he tugged at the ruby necklace he gave me all those years ago. I gasped when the chain snapped and my hand flew to my bare neck. "Why would you—"

"I will fix it later." He grabbed my wrist, removed my hand from my neck, and pulled me toward him. My body fell flush against his and his hands moved to my waist. He leaned into me, his lips moving to my ear as my chest warmed with a feeling I hadn't felt in years. "Say no, Princess."

My heart raced and nervousness crawled through my skin. I forgot how intimidating this was- Syn having the ability to feel everything I was feeling and I him. There was no hiding what I was feeling anymore and a part of me was pissed that I wasn't the one to make the decision myself. I would have done it if he asked- hell, I wanted to do it but I had no idea it'd be under these circumstances.

The comfort of knowing I could lie to him about me not being curious or turned on in the slightest wasn't a luxury I had anymore. He laughed against my neck and a shiver ran down my body as I closed my eyes, trying to control my emotions. "You're angry with me."

"Yeah no shit, you could've guessed that without the spell," I snapped, pushing against his chest.

"Don't touch her-how can't you see that she wants nothing to do with you?!" Aiden screamed from behind me and I cringed, a sudden surge of anger flowing through my body- anger that could only be coming from Syn. That was a sudden reminder that this spell went both ways- I could feel what he was feeling too. He wasn't the only one who had power.

"Hmm." He hummed, ignoring Aiden and still holding me in place. "There's something else though...confusion?...or is it excitement? You may have to help me a little bit, Princess," he teased. "Oh, shame...that one doesn't feel good. Why do you feel ashamed?" He lifted his head and looked down at me, the still punchable smile laying on his handsome face.

"I'm going to get you back for this later."

"Trust me, I hope you do," he whispered into my ear. He cleared his throat, looking past me to Aiden and I slightly tensed. "Well, Aiden. What's it going to be? Are you ready to start being honest with me or am I going to have to resort to more...unpleasant methods?"

"I am being honest," he cried out and I closed my eyes, leaning my head against Syn's chest in disappointment. I didn't know what I was expecting from someone like him, but it was starting to annoy me. He had already been caught. If he wasn't guilty of the orphanage, he was still guilty of lying about his identity and stalking me to this cabin. "Queen, I swear to you I would never lie to you. I love you, you know this."

As gathered as Syn was pretending to be, I could feel his body tense against me and I could feel his jealousy causing through my veins as if it were my own- his composure was slowly slipping. I placed my palm against his chest, willing him to stay in control and I kissed his jaw.