62. 𝑀𝑦 𝐶𝑜𝑛𝑓𝑒𝑠𝑠𝑖𝑜𝑛𝑠

May 12, 2023

Syn

I held the jagged shard of glass against Felix's neck as he laughed in my face. For years, I had wondered what I had done to him that caused him enough anger to be able to not only hurt Queen...but my unborn child. I had waited years to be close enough to him to hurt him in the worst ways imaginable...but now that he was here, what I needed was answers.

"Why?" I roared, tightening my hold on the glass and disregarding the pain of it digging into my skin. "What have I ever done to you?"

He chuckled and raised a single brow. "Be."

I looked at him with a look of disgust and shock. We had never had the best relationship...he despised me and I hated his guts. But at the end of the day, he was my brother whether I liked it or not. That meant that there was a line. Whenever family was involved, there was always a line.

No matter what.

He could sleep with whatever girl I was interested in...he could fuck the girl I was supposed to marry...propose to the love of my life for shits and giggles...I'd beat his ass here and there for his puny transgressions and he'd run to his father to beat mine...but it was never more than that.

Did he truly want the throne so badly? Or was it Xyla? He could've had them both if he had just spoken to me instead of being so rash. But that's just who he was, a fucking stupid idiot that didn't think shit through.

That was why we were here.

If he had just...warned me. Even if he went along with everyone's plans and had a last-minute change of heart I would've forgiven him. But no, he wanted me gone. He wanted everything I had.

Especially her...

I supposed her coming to the palace made the both of us lose our minds.

"Her and I would've been a great match, you know?" He said. "Maybe your daughter would've been alive if you weren't so full of pride? Did you truly think you could take on Heaven by yourself and make it out alive...?"

"That's not what—"

"No," he said. "You speak of me being an idiot...but you're worse than I am. I swallowed my pride and worked with a team to get what I wanted...and it worked. I'm living the fucking life, Syn," he spat with a venomous laugh. "But you? You'll never get anywhere in life. You're not a team player. Never have been and you never will."

"Shut the fuck up!" I screamed at him, digging the glass into his skin.

"You're the reason why your daughter is gone. And you are the reason she will stay gone." He smiled. "Slowly but surely, everyone in your life will die because of your pride...I wonder what it'll take you to wake up, brother."

"You—"

"Maybe you need to lose...her?" He teased.

"You're not going to fucking lay a finger on her."

"Keep going the way you're going and I won't have to do a single thing..."

"What the fuck, Syn?!" My eyes snapped to the door of the restroom to see Caspian rush in with Xavier close behind him. Cleo ran in behind them and when she saw the scene, her mouth dropped and she rushed to my side.

"How could you?!" She sobbed, not paying any mind to the glass on the floor.

Caspian moved in front of me and lifted Felix