Fourty-one

Third Person POV

"There you are." Russell says enveloping his daughter in his warm embrace. "Keenan said you'd fallen asleep."

Keenan was the null Russell had brought in to replace Jade.

His orders?

To protect Josephine Prime at all costs.

"I would never miss mom's resurrection." Clarke says smiling, hugging him back.

"Unfortunately, Echo had other plans." He says gesturing to the mutilated body. "There are 3 escaped killers in this compound now." He says angering before turning his attention to the guards standing still. "Your orders are to shoot to kill. Is that clear?

"Yes, Holiness." One says before gesturing to a few others to follow his lead.

"They took his drive." Russell adds as he leans closer inspecting the body. "We have to get it back before tonight so we can bring Ryker back with the others."

"I'll handle it." Clarke says a little too quickly. Realizing her mistake she plants on a sweet smile. "You've got enough on your plate." She says patting his arm before turning to the guard. "Get the body out of here, and clean up this mess." She orders to those left behind. "I'll get Priya to help me. Lord knows she'll be motivated to save her son."

"Good." Russell says nodding his head satisfied. "Bring the drive to the lab when you get it. I'll start the other resurrections. You will take guards."

                     *** The Conservatory ***

"They keep the bones of all their hosts like trophies." Raven comments in disgust. They had separated her from the others, bringing her here to Abby- the last place she wanted to be.

"They're serial killers in royal robes," she says with a shake of her head, "and we're helping them." She says disdainfully.

She needed to figure out a way out of here and back to Rykers garage but with the armed guards watching her every move it seemed all but an impossible feat.

"I helped them create a host for Marcus." Abby admits as Raven continues to ignore her presence.

"It wasn't worth it." She blurts out and Raven turns to look at her confused. "You asked me that on the ship." Abby clarifies. "I thought it was. I couldn't see past getting Marcus back." She admits ruefully. "I couldn't see that you were right. And then I got Clarke back, I... I was focusing on what I lost and not what I have. I don't want to do that anymore. I'm sorry for all of it." She confesses as the tears flow freely.

"For the drugs. For disappointing you." She elaborates further. "Truly. I'm sorry for...how things have been between us."

"It wasn't always fair how I judged you." Raven says holding back tears of her own. "You're human. And sometimes, being a human sucks."

"I deserve to be judged for what I did to you. And I will never hurt you that way again. I may not be your mother, but you are my family, Raven."

This time when Abby went to embrace her, Raven didn't stop her, instead she held her back just as tightly.

Little did they know that this would be their last moments together. There would be making no new memories, nor more working to a better future for their family.

Abigail Griffen's time had run out.

********

"Naming Day?" Bellamy questions.