Thirty- four

Third Person POV

"What?" John questions folding his arms across his chest

"What?" Josie repeats back

"Nothing." He says shaking his head as if he would shake away the thought. But it didn't so he blurts, "It's just, uh, can she see me, or..."

"Yes." She replies rolling her eyes as she twirls her short locks between her fingers. "She can, John, and she knows that you betrayed her and that you're gonna help me kill her once and for all." Her fingers stop moving as she cocks her head to the side. "How does that make you feel?" She asks curiously, but before he could answer Riker cuts in.

"She's lying. By the time both minds are simultaneously conscious, she won't be able to speak, let alone stand."

"Not quite right." She replies with a sigh. "It does suck, though, which is why it ends today."

"I know why I'm doing this." Cammie speaks out softly. "Why are you?"

"Because she wants what you take for granted. Shall we tell her why you're doing this?" She questions. "Didn't think so."

"So what do we use to channel the pulse to her brain?" Riker asks

"Wait." Josie says jumping off the table she was perched on. "The wristband. I saw it in Clarke's mind. They clamped it on Raven's wrist before blasting her with the emp. The telemetric cuffs they used to monitor you from the ark." She says thoughtfully. "It made contact with the central nervous system."

Shaking his head Riker relies. "We don't have anything like that here."

"Actually, we do." Cammie pipes up placing a quick kiss to John's cheek. "I'll be right back."

"I like you, Cammie." Josie says with a smile. "I think we're gonna be great friends."

"Hmm. I approve." John says with a small smile.

"Let's prep for surgery."

                                Kayleigh POV

"Life grew within me.. as it does you.." I hear her whispered voice beside me as the real world swam under my vision. "He was my light.. Pure, innocent.. good... He was going to change the world."  She finishes

It had been sometime since I had last heard her voice- felt her presence. I could've done with her the same that I had done to Lexa. Lock her far and deep away, but she didn't threaten me the way the others did.  She showed me what she wanted me to see, spoke her truths, and left me to decide what to do with it.

Calla wouldn't take my choices away- not like the others have.

"I knew he was dying- knew he was gone before he was cut free from me.." I turn to look at her then. She was here but she wasn't, only visible to my sight. She stood so still, a glazed look over her dark eyes as she stared at the sight before us. "I refused to accept it. Refused to let the light I felt so strongly inside of me extinguish.. I would pay the price for him to have a chance." She blinks a few times before turning her dark gaze to me. "Instead my people suffered at the hands a monster.. A monster I created."

Was he a monster?

"No one was safe.."

Yes, yes he was..

"not the guilty, not the innocent.."

But so was I...

We were all monsters.
Even her..
Just different breeds...
And we were what the monsters feared.
It was apex predators like us that shaped the world....