Thirty-two

Third Person POV

"How long was I out?" Octavia questions rubbing a shaking hand down her face.

"Too long." Echo replies shooting Xavier with a dark look.

"Did we pass?"

"You'd be dead if you hadn't." Xavier says blankly, packing away his things. "Time to take you to meet Gabriel."

"So the old man is actually the original Gabriel, prime number 13, only he lost his stomach for immortality, so he decided to kill his own people." Echo questioned as some time passes

"He'd call it a moral awakening."

"Don't we all?"

"So you're looking for redemption-- is that it?" He snarls back.

"No, I'm doing as my commander commanded. Speak to the old man, see if you are the lesser or two evils."

Xavier chuckled at that. "And the pregnant woman that came down with you- Diyoza? Did Russell tell you that her child will be considered worthless?"

"What do you know about her?"

"She's in the history books." He stated with a shrug. "The mother doesn't have the blood- and neither will she. They'll call her a null. She won't be able to bear children. She'll clean toilets or volunteer to die as a guard or attend to the dead."

"It isn't for them to decide what happens to her." Octavia snarls from behind. "Diyoza is Kayleigh's prisoner- it's up to her what happens to the child not them."

"And you believe she'll have much sway over them?"

"What makes you and your people so much better than them? From what you've said Gabriel started this whole mess."

"Russell wanted to turn us into Gods. Mine was to make sure he couldn't."

"Yours?"

Kayleigh POV

It was just as he said, all I had to do was wait. I just wasn't expecting it to happen so soon.

"How do I keep her from taking control again."

"By doing to her what she and others have always done to you."

A cage.
A prison..

My entire life I've been put inside one of one form or another. My cell in the sky, the restraining rooms in Mt Weather. Everyone had put me inside of a cage at some point or another.

Even Lexa.

Although with her, my prison bars were invisible. My cage would've been provided with my every need, I was still a prisoner, still firmly bounded. I was always put in prison, until now- now the prison was inside me.

Just as Malachi showed me.

They were right. Feelings would only get in the way, emotions- weaker. Clarke was her weakness, finding out about her death was my opening. She reacted as I would have- had it been Bellamy, that loss of control.

Gaia had taught me to build walls, those walls still fell, allowing others to pull through, allowing her to take control. He showed me how to take the prison I was kept in and turn it into a weapon of my own.

And now she's gone.

Yes, she was.

Being kept under lock and key- buried deep into the recess of mind, I could no longer hear or feel her.
Then again, I couldn't feel much of anything, not anymore.