Three

Raven POV

"How are those instruments, Shaw?" I ask over the radio

"Instruments are for amateurs."

"God, he's cool." Jordan gushes just as static start coming more through

"Come again?"

"We-...... the...."

"Shaw? Shaw repeat." I radio again and again only for the connection to go silent.

"We lost comms."

"Damn it." I mutter shoving away from where I was sitting. "We'll see about that. Move over." once I take over where he was stationed I go to see where we're at.

"Okay. I want to change our orbit, find us a spot with less interference. Can you make that happen?" I question him

"Yes Ma'am." He says with a nod, "I'm on it."

"Wait." I say stopping him just as something catches the corner of my eye. "What is that?" I ask staring out through the bay windows.

"Looks like an Aurora. Cool."

"It's not ." I correct him shaking my head. "Auroras form at magnetic poles. Does that look like a pole to you?" He looks closer snd when he sees what I'm seeing he starts grinning. "Stop smiling and put us over that instead. I want to know what it is."

Kayleigh POV

This never got any easier. It didn't matter that this wasn't my first time crash landing into a new world- still made me feel uneasy.

Breath in...

1, 2, 3, 4, 5.

"We're below the ionosphere and I still don't have any instruments." I hear Shaw say

Breath out...

1, 2, 3, 4, 5.

"There must be something else. Hang on."

"Is there anything I can do?" Cammie asks

"Yeah. Pray."

At Shaws sharp reply, Bell reaches over and grabs my hand.

There was nothing to pray for- no one that I knew who would be listening outside the voices of my own head.

Flashback

I couldn't leave without seeing him.

Wouldn't leave until I knew without a shadow of a doubt, that he'd remain a priority as well.

"Have you come to threaten me some more?"

"I wasn't threatening you, Abby," I tell her watching as she hovers around Kane. "Just a reminder of what will happen if I'm disobeyed."

"You want me to save someone who may not be able."

"Asher will survive." I deadpan, softly inhaling.

Asher was strong, so strong. He'd wake up in a frenzy, wanting to crush the ones who did this to him.

Kane on the other hand would be a different story.

He was weak.
His skin was paler then Ashers, more grey less natural.

"You say that," " I say nodding my head at the older man in the other pod, "while death clings to this ones skin."