Nineteen

Kayleigh POV

I awoke with the bitter taste of betrayal in my mouth, a dark pit inside of me.

I kept my breathing even, just laying there with my eyes closed, feeling the way Bellamy's fingertips softly traced over my scars. It should've been soothing, but it wasn't.

I hadn't felt this feeling in years-a piece of me missing, a connection that was now gone. It wasn't as intense as what I had felt when Lexa was unfairly taken from my world, nor was it the feeling I had for those brief moments when I had lost Asher only to have him pulled back-but the sensation was there all the same.

Slowly I sit up from the bed, feet touching the cold floor, I try to search within myself trying to figure out these feelings. I feel Bellamy shift from behind me, his hands lifting my heavy mane of hair pushing it over to one shoulder, leaving my back bare to his eyes. His lips gently kiss the scars that linger there before going to the curve of my neck. He lightly bites me there, causing a shiver to go down my spine.
As much as I wanted to continue this- I couldn't.

"You need to focus.." Calla scolds, with her raspy voice- pushing herself from the walls I had built.

"Bellamy..... Bell, stop."

"It's okay." He whispers against my ear, now sitting behind me, his hands now on my breasts, causing my nipples to harden. "No ones going to come in here- this place is for us, it's ours."

"He's distracting you!" Another voice rages, and it was her voice alone that kept me from falling back into carnal pleasures.

Lexa.

"No." I tell him and he instantly stops. I take a few deep breaths, attempting to calm my now rapidly beating heart.

Our night of pretend was over, and I could no longer keep them away, keep everything else away. It was all flooding back, my walls torn down, and that dark pit in my stomach began to grow, as anger and sadness mingled together as one.

Something was most definitely wrong.

"Bellamy.." I start off slowly turning to look at him. "Where is she?"

He doesn't say anything, just continues to search my eyes as if looking to see who it was staring back at him.

Was it me?
The Kayleigh the woman he once love?
Was it me, as the Commander? Or someone else entirely?

"Bellamy, where's Tavia?" I question again softly.

I knew she wasn't here- not in Sanctum. I searched everywhere I could, and found not a trace of her- nor did any of the warriors that came down with me. It also didn't escape my notice how the others made themselves scarce around me.

Especially Echo.

That only meant Bellamy had told them not to say anything.

"Tell me." I press trying to keep my voice even as the rage continued to simmer.

"I'd do anything for you- for our family." He starts. "I've always done what I believe is right to protect you- us..."

"What did you do?"

Octavia POV