Dancing with the Devil - Loki

The bustling noise of the city, filled with the raucous of disembodied voices and screeching sounds of cars, echoed with a sharp ringing in your ears. Your footsteps were firm on the concrete, your hair brushing past your cheeks from the afternoon breeze. You inwardly groaned while rolling your eyes, having to push past a group of people around your age that crowded on the side of a busy street. Come on...just move already, you thought to yourself while shooting irritated glares at a few of them, forcing your way past with your shoulders. You just want to get to your car.

You had some urgent errands to run today, of course due to leaving them for the last minute. You could practically hear your mother's scolding in your head, summoning you to 'be better organized and work on your time management'. Maybe you could take a shortcut, behind the apartment buildings nearby? You knew you parked somewhere around the Stark Industries building. You practically memorized the ins and outs of your city by now; the traffic hours, the shortcuts, what time construction started and ended, what time schools finished, and crowds of students flowed out in a torrent of laughter finished, It was all so mundane and dull, hearing and seeing the same things every day. So predictable yet, with these crowds gathering in front of you, you felt slightly disoriented. The street looked like it was close to where your car was...or was it the right street already? You couldn't tell for sure.

"Jay, check it out man! Isn't that the Hulk?" A young guy around your age standing near you voiced just as you shoved past annoyingly while brushing your hair behind your ear with a free hand.

He nudged his friend as voices gasped and chattered around. Hulk? You had never seen the big green guy before, though like many other civilians, you did see the damage of his infamous 'Hulk smash' within the city. Standing on your toes, you managed to peek from between two women with their phones out filming something in front of them across the street. As an initial reaction, you sighed in relief. Your car was right there, parked across the street where stood the Stark Industries building. You were right where you needed to be, relief was soon replaced with disbelief. Your eyes watched through the crowds Hulk lumber inside the lobby of the building, the huge glass panels giving everyone a clear view of the commotion inside. Your awe and slight fear-stricken features were soon overshadowed briefly by curiosity.

You saw him. A group of heavily armoured guards surrounded a tall, lean raven-haired man wearing some sort of muzzle on his face. Midnight hair that was slicked back brushed against the collar of dark green and black clothing, adorned with armour plates that glistened from the light streaming through the window panes. His piercing eyes were of the iciest blue, shining yet so dark with hidden purpose that they could slice through the glass windows with ease when gliding their gaze around his surroundings. With the irritating hum of the ever-increasing crowds conglomeration around you excitedly making remarks about the Hulk, some 'Thor' guy with a red cloak and even Stark himself, you kept your eyes on the figure. The man's posture was tense as he was herded by the guards, clearly some kind of prisoner. Yet, his swift walk indicated motive. He was up to something, a something that would morph your world into an existence you could never imagine, and you were just about to find out what that something was.

In an instant, chaos erupted inside the glass building. Guards scrambled while Hulk lumbered away after ramming his fists into a stairwell, and a silver case glided across the floor. The raven-haired figure snatched a blue-looking cube that fell out of the case with his hands still shackled, and taking advantage of the chaos inside, he disappeared in a cloud of sparks and smoke. Your eyes widened as you started to push your way past people to get across the street, watching the tall figure somehow reappear outside and open your car door once on the sidewalk. Slipping inside, and slamming the door shut, he chucked a flash of blue to the side and began breaking off his shackles before tugging down his muzzle with strong, slender fingers.