Chapter 26

Luke catches up to us and I feel like throwing up, but I try not to show myself weak. The pain increases with every minute that goes by and I feel like collapsing but the war is not yet over.

"Take it!" I yell at him again, but he only watches me with concentration, a pained look on his face. "Fine!" I say, annoyed with him on seven different levels. I hold the stone tightly in my hands as Luke stands right in front of us. The battle is coming to an end and all I see is red. "Have you ever seen a white flag before? I bet you haven't since this may be your very first war. But you better start waving it." He says, impatiently. My temper sparks immediately as I speak. "The only thing that I will be waving is your decapitated head in front of your weeping mother," I am now walking towards him as he backs down, closer and closer to the deep and large ocean. "Don't' look in her eyes, she might steal your soul." I hear Matt say as I cut the distance short between Luke and me. My eyes are settled on Luke, and I feel myself slightly blush. "Remind me to kill you, please," I say, without turning around. I sense him shuffling behind me.

"So, I assume you followed me all this time in order to get a grip on this goddamn stone, but see, there's a twist."
"And what might that be, my dear lady?" I lean in closer to his ear as I whisper my next words, not wanting anyone else to hear me.
"First, I need you to hand over my mother in one piece, and second, I need you to reverse Matthew's curse. He shall not turn at midnight once I hand you over the stone unless as he wills, is that clear?" I whisper softly in his ear as I place my hand on his throat. "Or do you want me to repeat myself? But that would be not much fun for you." It hurts like hell. I am now waiting for his response, but my head is getting dizzier and dizzier. "Speak, you devil!" I am now clutching my head tightly in order to ease the pain, but it would not go away. "Alright fine! I agree to your terms," He walks over to Matt and I watch as he mutters something under his breath with both his hands on Matt's temples. I look over at Matthew and find him drowsy. Not because of sleep, but because of whatever Luke is enchanting on him. "What're you doing?" I mumble as I look at Luke, his eyes are close, and he goes on muttering gibberish. Some of our soldiers step up as they take Matthew's arm and hold him up. Once Luke is done, he looks at me, defeated. "It's done. He will be fine." He says as he moves closer to me. "I'm glad I finally get to see who you really are..."

"It was the people I surrounded myself with, who changed me for the better, and the people who I let hurt me, who changed me for the worst," I mutter as I look down, the erratic pain still pinching me. "You are forgetting something." I remind him as I look around to find Coraline running towards me, but I do not. "Yes, I know." He holds out his hand at the little crowd that is standing to our left. "Bring Cora here." He says as two of the injured men depart. Not much long after do they return with another woman with a bag on her head. She stumbles on but they hold her up. "Lift the bag up, now!" I am eager to run into her arms and never let go. I cannot let them fool me for the second time, not now at least. They lift the bag up to reveal Coraline, eyes swollen, with multiple bruises on her face and her face is wet from crying constantly. My stomach churned as I sent an uppercut towards Luke, and he staggers back. I do not regret my decision. "What the hell do I see here?!" He is now speechless as he watches me with his merciless eyes. "She asked for it, just like your useless ass!" He shouts back after processing what I had just done. "You son of a b*tch!" I yell angrily as I send another right hook to his blood smothered face. The next moment I know, I am being held back by my own men, the audacity! Coraline is taken away by my men and Matthew is walking towards me. "I call a ceasefire to this duel, we will continue once the timing is appropriate,"
"Come on Sybil, hand it over to him and we will go, you don't look so good." He whispers the last part in my ear, his hand on my waist. It takes me back to the night at the school ball once again and I shake away the memories by throwing the stone in the ocean behind Luke. "This is for Olivia and Wyatt." I mumble, clutching my side tightly as I continue to bleed.

"No!" I hear Luke scream behind me as we depart on our horses with Coraline sitting behind me. "Mother, are you OK?" I ask her as we turn to a different direction in order to avoid any followers. "Honey you are covered in blood!" She shrieks as she holds onto me. "Don't worry mom, this blood isn't mine," I lie. "You're safe now, I love you." I assure her. The last thing I want is for her to worry about me. She always worried about me, she never stopped caring for me, she's been by my side in so many aspects of my life and for once, just for once, I want to pay it all back to her. Once we reach the castles, I help Coraline down and cover her with my shawl as Ceren takes her inside to get her settled. I am guessing she changed her mind about me regarding Matthew and Vaughn's parents. I have come to believe that Wy and Livie are dead and that I will never see them again, but I will not let Luke live on like that. He will taste vengeance very soon.