Chapter 19

I snap out of my memories when I feel a hard nudge in my ribs. Eleanor is standing in front of me. "Looks like you zoned out. Chris, could you repeat everything that you said to her?" She looks over to the guys. Matt is now sitting in his chair, his feet on top of the coffee table and he is sipping on liquor. "Oh, yes please. Christopher, you may do the honors of throwing dirt on this filthy mortal's name. Show Sybil her place," Matthew spits out, swaying his head from time to time, his gaze is settled on me. "After all, who is she to enter my chambers without permission and steal my possessions in front of me?" Anger boils inside me once again. He saw me come in and he did not tell me to leave, why did he lie like that?
"If you haven't heard already, Sybil is the Princess of Cordelia, and you have no right to talk to her that way. I am here to take her back to her home. Thank you for your hospitality, Prince Matthew." I look over to where Chris is standing and behind him are Livie, Wyatt and Vaughn. Yes, you read it right, Vaughn. He walks inside and stands next to me, followed by my two best friends. I move to the left as he tries to put his hand on my waist in an attempt to bring me closer to him. Screw you Prince Vaughn, you will get a taste of your medicine soon enough. He looks at me and I give him a sharp stare, hopefully it might cut through his soul. I look at Wyatt and find him staring at the ground. I look over at Livie, but she does not meet my eyes, she looks straight ahead at Eleanor who is now sitting on the handle of the chair Matt is sitting at. "What home Prince Vaughn? Is it mine? Because I sure as hell know that she is the reason my father is now dead, so is yours. I am not trying to disobey you, Your Highness but she is the reason the Land of Alastair and the Sea of Cordelia are in ruins. If it wasn't-"

"Enough, Princess Eleanor. I know what I am doing. Of course, the princess will get punished for what she has done to our father but soon after, she will be handed over to the sea. You may deal with her there if you must." There is a long pause. A pause which I immensely dread, a pause in which I realize slowly that all Vaughn ever wanted with me was to marry me in order to become the King of Alastair as well as the Prince of Cordelia as my father has no heir. He killed his father first and put the blame on Wyatt and me so that we could get either exiled or decapitated, meanwhile he would get crowned the King. Later on, before getting me decapitated, he will come to get me out of there and claim that the 'murderer of our father has been caught,' winning the heart of my father and before my father takes the crown off, he will publicize that Vaughn would be the next King. I feel like I have been living with a rock on my chest, the guilt and shame is building up inside me and all I want to do at the moment is run and hide in a corner to protect both Land and Sea, after all, only with me will he earn both Alastair and Cordelia. The long pause is then disturbed. "Get this murderer out of here." Matthew growls, his dark eyes are now cutting deep holes in Wyatt's soul. "Get him out before I cease his existence." He is now looking at Vaughn. I cannot let him die, even if he did murder the King, he is still my best friend and I know now that Vaughn was the one who had compelled him into doing so. "Calm down, now brother. Like I said, I am here to take my lady along with her friends, away from Alastair. Rest assured, they will be punished." Vaughn replies with a clever tone. Livie slips her arm through mine. "Go find the Queen as soon as you are out of here." She whispers in my ear. Chris and Eleanor turn to look at Matthew, a confused look on their faces. "W-why are you looking at the boy?" Eleanor asks, her voice trembling. Matt does not take his glittering eyes off of Wyatt as he takes another sip from the goblet in his hands. "Because he is my father's murderer." He says calmly.

I turn around to find Livie kicking Vaughn in the stomach. "Run!" She screams and I grab Wyatt's hand as I dart across the room, only stopping at the door to push Eleanor across the room. Wyatt pushes Christopher to the wall as I right-hook him right in the face. "Guess karma was a little late tonight." I spit on his shoes and exit the room with Wyatt running behind me. I cover my face with the cloak I am wearing and I sly foot downstairs, avoiding eye contact with all the elves as I make my way inside the Queen's chambers. "Go and prepare some horses, I will meet you at the back with the Queen." I tell Wyatt and he nods. I stand there watching him with concern, I don't know if this will work, and I never would have thought of doing this in a million years until now. "I command you, Wyatt Wells, to go and prepare horses without getting caught. Be clever about it and do not betray me." I compel him. This is the first time I had ever compelled a human, his face is now blank, but he nods and walks away, wearing the cape over his head so that his face is buried in the shadows.  I turn and walk inside the lavish bed chamber and there on the large bed is Queen Veronica, weeping over the dead body of her beloved husband. Oh, to be able to be loved no matter what the consequences... "Your majesty," I say in a low tone and sink low to the floor in a curtesy. I remove the cloak as I stand, giving my condolences to the Queen. "Olivia has sent me to your chambers, I am sorry to bother you as I know you must be going through so much, but this is important." 

10 minutes ago:
Livie slips her arm through mine. "Go find the Queen as soon as you are out of here." She whispers in my ear. 

She slips something in my hand as the two brothers are babbling on and on about their hurt. I unfold the crumbled-up page in my hand and hold it to my side. I try not to draw attention to myself as I read what Olivia has written in the letter for me and I am not surprised. 

Vaughn is going to hand you and Wyatt over to the folk and me, back to earth. He is going to imprison Veronica. Go save her. The stone is with him, I will get it out of him. 

As expected. I crumble the paper in my hands and slide it into my leather sleeve. I look over at Livie and nod once. She knows about the stone, I wonder where she had been before I left her with Wyatt, alone. I wonder if Wyatt knew about the stone. I look at Matthew and his glittering eyes are now gazing up at Wyatt. He takes another sip from the goblet in his hands. "Because he is my father's murderer." He says calmly. I must have missed the whole conversation, but I knew who he meant. I turn around to find Livie kicking Vaughn in the stomach. "Run!" She screams and I grab Wyatt's hand as I dart across the room.