【 ♛ 81: 𝙉𝙚𝙬 𝙀𝙧𝙖 #727474773

°•. ✿ .•°
📌 CALIFORNIA
1973
song: i love you by donna summer
reminder that donnie is a play on ronnie devoe from new edition and so are all of the characters associated with my fictional group inspired by new edition.

their castings are the same as the new edition story biopic
MISTAKES PRESENT
✿°。 ✿°
.❀。• *₊°。 ❀°

"SO, WHEN ARE YOU WORKING ON NEW MUSIC?"

"Are you crazy?" Colette exclaims in disbelief, the Jenga blocks that she had gathered clattering onto the plastic table with a small clink.

Arabelle gave her a bored look and rose a brow. "Just because i'm dying doesn't mean your career should too."

Her head jerks back in mild offense. "Okay, first of all my career is doing just fine, thank you." she sassed before picking up her blocks once more.

"I know that, but, you shouldn't let that momentum fizzle." she lightly scolds. "And I know that you're working on new stuff, Sam tells me everything."

"That little snitch." she grits under her breath.

"Just because i'm on my deathbed doesn't mean you can't tell me things."

"I don't want to make anything about me." she says offhandedly, pulling out another block. "This time is about you."

"And soon enough time is gonna pass even more than it already has and you'll be playing Jenga with my ashes."

"Arabelle!" she screeched in a gasp.

"I'm serious!" she exclaims, throwing her frail arms up in a gesture. "You need to stop coming in so often and start going back into the studio. You used to be in there every single day when you were in your drug-induced peak."

"I'm not on drugs anymore."

"Which makes this time around even better." she said with a cheesy grin, causing for Collie to roll her eyes. "You know what, since you don't want to talk about your career, let's talk about men."

"Ugh." her nose scrunched up in disgust.

"So, who's better — Donnie or Elvis?"

She looks at her in disbelief, jaw slacked. "Belle!"

"It's a serious question!"

"They're both different, okay?" she said. "I've only slept with Donnie once and I was drunk."

"Speaking of him, have you talked?"

"Why would I talk to him?" she slowly questioned, brows furrowed in confusion.

"...Because why not?"

"Belle, the only thing i'm focused on right now are making sure my children are okay and that you're alright." she took a thoughtful pause. lI'm not worried about Elvis or Donnie or any member of the male species for that matter."

Arabelle's chapped lips rose up leisurely in a proud grin. "This is character development."

"No, this is trauma."