〘 - 𝟎𝟕: 𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐀 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐠 𝐆𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐍𝐨𝐭 𝐊𝐧𝐨𝐰

a/n
you will never look at peanut butter banana bacon sandwiches the same ever again after this chapter.
personally, i really hate this chapter a lot so apologies in advance for the shit fire you're about to read
━━━━━━━━┛ ✠ ┗━━━━━━━━
📌 COLLIERVILLE, TENNESSEE
Campbell Residence
1957
━━━━━━━━┓ ┏━━━━━━━━

IT WAS DARK in Colette's room, a little past 9'o clock.

She was sprawled out on her back in the bed with her arms up in the air, fingers clutching the card that Hudson gave her as her eyes scanned over it upon the darkness.

She knows that her father would never agree to sign her off of The Songbirds.

Colette is The Songbirds.

Hell, there's a reason why people call them Colette Campbell and The Songbirds.

KNOCK KNOCK.

Colette jumped up in fear, sitting up in her bed with wide eyes as the sound of someone knocking on the door of her balcony caused for fear to course through her veins.

The curtains that hung over the door were closed therefore, she couldn't see anything but a tall intimidating shadow which caused for her heart to pound wildly in her chest.

KNOCK KNOCK.

She got up carefully from her bed and rummaged around the room for a weapon of sorts. Her eyes landed on her hair curler and she looked at it with a hopelessly, knowing that if there's a real threat behind that door she'd 100% lose that fight.

Colette picked it up with clammy hands and slowly inched closer.

Her free hand came up hesitantly, fingertips brushing against the thin curtain before ripping it open with the iron raised up behind her defensively.

There stood a grinning Elvis who held a woven basket in one hand.

Her eyes widened and she let out a relieved breath, tossing the curler onto the ground beneath her and unlocking the door, opening it.

"The hell are you doing here at this hour?" she chastised in an almost motherly tone as she grabbed his forearm and dragged him inside.

She shut the balcony door and leant her back against it with a hand on her heart. "Nearly gave me a heart attack."

Colette is relieved that she's still in her clothes from earlier otherwise Elvis would be seeing her in a nightgown right about now.

Something about that thought caused a small wave of heat to spread straight to her lower abdomen.

Elvis standing there before her in the sluttiest blue lace top which tucked into black pants with his hair un-gel'd as his face held a goofy smile, did not help that heat whatsoever.

"Were you about to wack me with a curling iron?" he questioned with a deep laugh that kicked her out of her sinful thoughts.

"Shh!" she scurried towards him and stood up on her tippy toes to cup a hand over his mouth. "Are you insane comin' over this late - nonetheless, comin' over in general? You're lucky that my daddy is asleep!"