【 ✷ 52: "𝘽𝙖𝙘𝙠" 𝙋𝙧𝙤𝙗𝙡𝙚𝙢𝙨

°•. ✿ .•°
📌 VEGAS
MISTAKES PRESENT
✿°。                          ✿°
   .❀。• *₊°。 ❀°

THE REST OF that night fading into the morning, he was confident and determined.

Confident that he was gonna go straight into that hospital room and fire the Colonel once and for all.

Determined that he was gonna do just that.

He walked right up to that 242 room numbered door with Charlie and Red standing behind him.

Kenny Wynn, the Colonel's assistant who was waiting right outside of the door quickly spoke before he went in there. "Colonel doesn't want you making a fuss."

Elvis took a deep breath, straightening out his suit before he opened the door.

"Colonel?" Nurse Diskin said, alerting the Colonel.

"Mmm?"

"Elvis is here."

"Oh..." he takes the cigar out of his mouth and glanced over at the man walking in. "Oh, my boy!"

"Admiral." he curtly greeted. "How are you?"

"Oh, my boy, I should have come down to see you and your new little bundles of joy." he groaned as he tried to sit up. "But I'm a little laid up, you know."

Nurse Diskin scoffed at his words. "You've just had a heart attack. You're not meant to get out of bed."

"Heart attack?" Elvis repeated in concern, taking his sunglasses off of his face. "Colonel, you said your back..."

"My heart just stopped is all, and I fell. It's...I put my back out." he explained as he stood up fully as Diskin helped him to stand up and put his weight into the walker. "It was all the excitement about the Christmas special's success, you see. I should never have worried..." he moved closer to Elvis with a small smile. "...because you came through like you always do. Nobody can sell "show" to an audience like you. I admit it, I was wrong."

"Colonel, I..." Elvis took a deep breath, rubbing at his forehead nervously. "I wanted to tell you in person. Um...as far as business is concerned,
I think we need to go our separate ways." he met his eyes meekly, his face slightly scrunched up as he awaited for his response.

...

"Well, you may be right." he replied, a tightness in his gaze and voice before he shrugged. "Maybe it is time for me to retire."

He scoffs, an easy smile on his face. "Oh, come on, Colonel, quit snowin' me. You ain't retiring."

"I will miss the circus, I will." he admitted as he turned towards the window. "But I cannot keep up with these young fellas, like your Mr. Hulett,
who wants to put together a new show for an international tour, for you to play stadiums." he looked at him over his shoulder and slyly added.
"These international tours are very, very expensive. And the costs cut into the artist's profits." he then fully turned around to face him and stood beside the window. "I worry that the financial risk would put a strain on your daddy.
But I cannot help but think, as your former technical advisor and as an old friend, what if...
the next Elvis Presley show did not cost you a red cent?"