〘 - 𝟏𝟏: 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐌𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐌𝐞 𝐂𝐫𝐚𝐳𝐲

a/n
this is her dress (will make sense later on)

━━━━━━━━┛ ✠ ┗━━━━━━━━📌 COLLIERVILLE, TENNESSEECampbell Residence1957TW: sexual assault later on ━━━━━━━━┓ ✠ ┏━━━━━━━━

📌 COLLIERVILLE, TENNESSEE
Campbell Residence
1957
TW: sexual assault later on
━━━━━━━━┓ ┏━━━━━━━━

"YOU'RE GONNA MAKE my hair fall out!" she whined while stuffing some popcorn from the bowl that's clutched in her hands into her mouth.

After the encounter at the store, Colette has been stress eating nonstop...and crying.

Therefore, Ruth came up with an idea.

The sisters are gathered in Colette's bathroom with strands of long hair in their hands, applying paste dye to her hair.

"Trust the process." Elizabeth said simply, far too focused on her individual strand to come up with a reassuring response.

"Please remind me how this is supposed to make me feel better?" she questioned sassily through a mouthful of food. "Because all i'm feelin' is the impending doom of going bald."

"Because a girl doin' somethin' different to her hair and it comin' out nice boosts serotonin." Ruth poked her head out from behind hers so she could look at her in the mirror. "It's a scientific fact."

"Oh bullshit." she scoffed. "It ain't give Elizabeth more serotonin when she dyed her hair with goddamn shoe polish."

"Please." Elizabeth urged with a hand lifted, shutting her eyes in agony. "Please don't bring that up."

"See!" the younger sister emphasized with a huff.

"Listen, the point of this is to give yourself a new look." Ruth explains as she parted off a new section of hair. She froze for a second as a plan formulated in her mind. "Let's go to Club Handy."

"Hell no." Colette immediately protested with wide eyes. "What if Elvis is there?"

"That's the point." she said with a smirk. "If he sees you with a new do and a cute little dress dancin' around with some other fella, he's gonna flip his lid!"

"And if he's not?"

"Well then you'll just find a new guy!"

"And you don't wanna go to Club Handy to make a certain B.B King jealous, right?" Elizabeth mutters sarcastically which made Colette let out a small snort.