【 ↬ 29: 𝘛𝘰𝘰 𝘔𝘶𝘤𝘩 𝘞𝘪𝘯𝘦

°•. ✿ .•°
📌CALIFORNIA
MISTAKES PRESENT
a/n
this chapter reminds me of from the dining table by harry styles
✿°。                          ✿°
   .❀。• *₊°。 ❀°。

"I can't do this, Arabelle." she said in panic as she paced the expanse of her wardrobe with the telephone base with her and the phone to her ear. "I don't even know what to wear!"

"For someone who said it wasn't a date, you sure are in a frenzy right now."

"This was a mistake." she digressed, still rummaging through clothes. "I mean, what am I even doing? He doesn't deserve reconciliation especially not after what he did to me! Why did I agree? Oh my god—"

DING DONG!

"Looks like that's your cue." Arabelle chuckles on the other line. "Don't let him stay past twelve and don't fuck him."

Her brows pulled together quizzically as she hopped around on one foot to pull on a pair of cotton lounge shorts. "Why can't I let him stay past twelve?"

"You know why." the line goes dead.

"Goddammit." she muttered before tossing the telephone into her hamper in a heap of panic and then grabbing a tank top to pull on.

DING DONG!

"I'm coming, i'm coming." she said mostly to herself as she jogged out of her room and to the door, grasping a sweater that hung on the coat rack to pull over her shoulders.

She took a deep breath before swinging the door open.

Elvis stood there with his arms abundantly full with various takeout bags, a bottle of wine, and flowers.

She's gonna pass out.

"Your nose." he breathed out in guilt as a frown found itself on his lips.

"Gee, hello to you too!" she sarcastically responded as she took a step to the side and gestured for him to come inside.

Elvis walks in, eyes examining the terrain of the modernistic house. "You have a beautiful home." he complimented, looking over his shoulder to smile at he momentarily before walking towards the kitchen countertop and dropping all of the stuff down.

"Thank you." Colette closes the door and cleared her throat, trying to shake the waft of Elvis' cologne from out of her nose as she walked towards the counter. "What's all of this?"

"I uh..." he rubbed the back of his neck. "For starters I went to Stardust and picked up a couple of things — thought we could have breakfast for dinner." he reached into the large bag and pulled out a plastic lidded cup and lifted it. "I also got you a milkshake...you still like those, right?"

No way in hell is she gonna survive this night.

"As long as it's chocolate." she said in a quip.

"It's not strawberry?" his face fell and eyes widened.

"Yes, it's strawberry." she laughed at his visible relieved deflation and took the cup along with a straw. "I'm just messing with you."