【 ✷57: 𝙔𝙤𝙪 𝙒𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙇𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙢𝙮 𝙇𝙞𝙛𝙚

°•. ✿ .•°
📌INTERNATIONAL
August of 1969
a/n
TW: body image issues
MISTAKES PRESENT
✿°。 ✿°
.❀。• *₊°。 ❀°

THINGS HAD CHANGED.

In a good way, of course.

After their scary huge fight, they've made it their business to communicate more — be more expressive.

Elvis also didn't kiss random women on the lips — instead, he gave them a friendly warm hug and a chaste kiss to their foreheads.

Colette has also stopped holding things in completely even though therapy should've taught her that, the fight they had and Priscilla absolutely clearing them both sort of gave her that extra push.

And despite crazed excited fans from Peru leaping onto the stage while Elvis performed and men continuously trying to follow Colette around, things had changed for the better for them....and that's all that mattered.

"Relationships are...complicated." Elvis started his dialogue as he paced the stage, earning a couple of yips from the crowd in agreement. "When you're in a relationship you need to learn that it's no longer about you, but your significant other as well." he sighs, stopping in the middle of the stage with a hand on his hip. "And I think everyone here knows the ins and outs of my relationship, unfortunately. No matter how private we try to be, somethin' always gets out there — it was like that from the very beginning therefore, that's a prime example of how difficult relationships can be.

"Between pictures of us gettin' leaked early on to the tabloids harassing us both, we never got a break...but that's only made us stronger." a small smile appeared on his lips. "We've had to waver and navigate through tough storms but we did it together and we stuck together no matter how bad the fight was or how bad times got." he paused.

"I'm a jealous man." he admitted, with a small chuckle — many people in the audience softly chuckled too. "It's the truth." he shrugs. "I get upset when someone's eyes linger too long or if she gets a compliment from another man — i'm thinkin' of a homicide.

"But, when you have a love like ours, doubts and any sort of jealousy completely fizzle from your mind because goddammit she looks at you as if you've hung the moon and the stars — no one else. She deals with your bullshit, no one else's. She's carried your kids, no one else's.

"She has been in my life from the time I was just beginning to break out in this industry and she's gonna be here until I sing my final song.

"The last song i'm gonna sing is a song I wrote for her early on in our relationship. I had written this the night after officially makin' her my girl...which today is actually the anniversary of.

"So now, to close our final show off here at the International, i'd like to invite my beautiful gorgeous wife up onto the stage."

Colette, whom was sitting at her designated table with Priscilla and Lisa Marie, stood up with a hand on her heart fondly as Jerry and Red led her to the stage.

Once she stepped onto the stage, gasps were elicited from the audience.

Though they had seen her an hour prior to open the show, her outfit had changed — she was now adorned in a golden silk slip gown with a white boa, the color radiating in the stage lights.