【 ✷45: 𝙇𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙏𝙧𝙞𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙡𝙚

°•. ✿ .•°
📌MEMPHIS
July of 1968
MISTAKES PRESENT
✿°。 ✿°
.❀。• *₊°。 ❀°

"Oh my god, Cas, have you never dyed hair before?" Colette complained as she tried to divide her hair into sections as he haphazardly painted the dye in her hair.

"No, which is why I don't understand why you asked me of all people to help."

"Because Elvis is busy and all of the girls are either out of state or doing their own thing." she explained in a huff. "Goddammit, Cas, give me the brush."

"No wait, I got it—"

The dye goes crashing onto the floor.

Colette's mouth hung open in shock as they looked at each other for a moment before they began to laugh.

Caspian's eyes fluttered open as a sterile smell immediately wafted into his nose.

He definitely isn't in his hotel.

He rolled his head to the side to find his brother there, Samuel, sitting in the chair beside his bed reading a newspaper.

"Who still reads the paper?" he coarsely questioned.

Samuel's eyes immediately darted up — he looked tired, as he rolled up the paper. "You're awake." he scoots his chair closer to the bed. "How do you feel? What do you remember?"

"I remember leaving the party." I remember the look on Collie's face and I feel like shit. "And...I crashed into a tree."

"Why didn't you just make me drive you? You were drunk."

"Because...I needed to get out of there."

Samuel frowned at his brother, eyes gleaming with pity before the door suddenly burst open.

There stood a frantic Colette with a hand on her stomach as a way of grounding herself, Elvis right behind her.

The minute that she saw that Caspian wasn't as battered as she thought, she let out a long sigh of relief and looked at him in disbelief.

"I come in here expectin' the worst and you're over here having a full blown conversation." she says, strutting into the room and sitting down in the chair that Samuel quickly got up from. "What the hell happened?"

A small teasing grin came up onto his face. "I heard that there were too many trees so I hit into one."

Colette sucked her teeth and softly hit his arm in a chastising way. "That is not funny!" she turned to Samuel. "What's the damage?"

"Mild concussion, a fractured rib, and some bruises. He'll unfortunately live."

She let out a sigh of relief and let her head slump against the small empty space near his hand. His hand came up and gave her head a few pats.

"I'm alright." he said. "Can't get rid of me that easily."

"Stop pettin' me like a dog." she murmured, voice muffled against the bed before she lifted her head back up to look at him again — trying to ensure her mind that he was alright and safe.

"Let's give them some space." Samuel suggested to Elvis as he began to leave the room.

Elvis glanced at Samuel before looking towards the two close friends — eyeing the way that Caspian was looking at his soon-to-be wife in mild...suspicion, doing the same to Samuel who was trying to nonchalantly push him out of the room before he fully backed out.

...

"I think Cas has feelings for Collie." he admitted in a low whisper to Jerry as they sat together in one of the break rooms that the hospital provided for the posse.

"E.P..." Jerry trails off, shaking his head at him. "They're just friends."

"Yeah, to Colette." he emphasized. "I saw the way that he looked at her in there, I think somethin' happened which would explain why he had disappeared and I found her crying on the steps."

"Somethin' like what? Don't tell me you insinuated that she cheated on—"

"No!" he quickly shakes his head. "Of course not, I trust her with my whole bein'...I don't trust him though. Not anymore."

"I mean...he has been acting weird since you announce your engagement, right?"

"Exactly."

Meanwhile, in the hospital room Colette refused to leave his side.

"When do you think you're getting discharged?" she questioned.

"Probably sometime tomorrow morning." he replied, rubbing one of his eyes as he yawned. "I'll just catch an afternoon flight."

"Are you kiddin'?" she scoffs, shaking her head incredulously. "I'm askin' Elvis to let you stay at Graceland for a couple of days. You're in no shape to fly and I refuse to let you be cooped up in a hotel room like this."

"Wh-What, no." he quickly denied the offer. "That's like...an invasion or privacy or something — you and Elvis' privacy."

"Oh please, Graceland is big enough to the point where we'd probably not even run into one another." she paused, looking at him in sincerity. "Im serious, you're stayin' there for a couple of days."

He'd rather slip into a coma than stay at Graceland with the happy damn near married couple.

"Thank you." he says with a tight-lipped smile.

Colette starts meekly. "A-And i'll leave you alone." she assured. "Give you the space you need."

"I—Collie." he breathed out deeply. He was about to say "no! don't give me space!" but he knows that the more time that he spends time with her, the harder he'll continue falling until he can't anymore. "Thank you."

"Of course."