〘 - 𝟐𝟐: 𝑃𝑎𝑟𝑡 𝑇𝑤𝑜, 𝐹𝑖𝑛𝑎𝑙𝑒: 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐲

━━━━━━━━┛ ✠ ┗━━━━━━━━
📌 MEMPHIS
Graceland
A WEEK LATER
MISTAKES ARE PRESENT IGNORE THEM
━━━━━━━━┓ ┏━━━━━━━━

COLETTE'S TIRES BURNT rubber as she forcefully turned her car towards the Graceland gates that were filled to the brim with journalists, TV stations, and fans.

Today was Gladys' funeral.

She wanted to be back in Tennessee days prior but for concerns for her safety not only from the government, but from the psychotic fans, she couldn't.

She wanted to, but Hudson and her sisters forbade it until Hudson was able to get in contact with Tennessee's state government to ensure that a warrant wasn't placed yet for an arrest to be made.

Hell, they forbade her from even going to Graceland in general — she's putting her life at risk...but she doesn't listen.

Besides, she doesn't want to be around any of them right now anyways.

Though she was adorning brown sunglasses, the flashing lights from cameras blinded her.

Among those flashing lights and screams, fans threw themselves onto her car to scream expletives and slurs at her, nonetheless, threw things at her vehicle.

Graceland's abundance of security made sure they pulled the livid fans off of car and opened the gate for Colette and Colette only, which furthered outrage.

"You're gonna let that colored bitch into Graceland?!"

"You're sidin' with the negroes?!"

She parked the car in front of the Graceland mansion and hopped right out of it — rushing up the steps to the opened door.

The second that she stepped in, the sound of Elvis' cries echoed down the steps — the Colonel and Vernon lingering by the end of the staircase.

"What are you doing he—" the Colonel started almost in annoyance before he was cut off by Colette.

"Where is he?" she asked, looking directly at Vernon as her feet carried themselves deeper inside the house.

"Her room." is all he said, a solemn and sad look in his eyes.

Colette pushed past the Colonel whose face was turning red, and ran up the steps.

With a few turns of corners, she found herself in Glady's room — the cries louder.

She turns into the closet and the sight broke her heart.

Elvis was crumpled up in a heap upon the floor, clutching Gladys' dresses — his face stained with wet tears.

"Collie." he choked out when he realized that she was standing in the doorway.

"Oh baby.." she mumbles, her own tears welling up in her eyes as she immediately knelt down beside him.

Without another word, she wrapped her arms around his neck and brought him to her chest as his sobs got harder — his own arms wrapping around her middle tightly.