【 ✷ 48: 𝙊𝙝 𝘽𝙖𝙗𝙮!

°•. ✿ .•°
📌GRACELAND
NEW YEAR's EVE
MISTAKES PRESENT
✿°。                          ✿°
   .❀。• *₊°。 ❀°

NINE MONTHS...

It's been nine full months.

And she's a week overdue.

Colette thought that this pregnancy was gonna be nice and easy, she's been living in complete and utter pregnancy bliss — very zen.

But nope.

Even though she's had her bad days along the way, the last couple weeks approaching her projected due date she's been miserable.

Crabby, grumpy, sad, anxious, tired, miserable.

It didn't help her mentally with the fact that she was fucking huge. Huge to the point where she was knocking things over and able to set a small plate on the bump.

It was worse than with her last pregnancy which is probably because of there being two babies in her belly.

She even had to call off the baby shower that Priscilla had planned last month because she was so sick.

Elvis had to cancel the small Christmas eve/day get together too (which he didn't mind doing) because she was so sick.

And that's what got her worried — got both of them worried, especially because now she's over-freaking-due.

Elvis' heightening success only put more stress on the two.

The Comeback Special was released on the 3rd of December which inevitably made the Colonel reach out to him to discuss further business.

Bubble: Broken.

So, there were weekends where he'd begrudgingly have to go to California — Ruth and B.B staying with her until Elvis hurried back home.

"Do you want me to rub your feet?" Elvis timidly asked from where he sat on the floor in front of the couch that she was laying on.

To be honest, he was lowkey scared of her in a comical way.

She'd snap at the smallest things — she's either yelling or sobbing her eyes out, there's no in between.

"Why do you look so scared?" she meekly questions, trying to sit up from her laid down position but inevitably giving up. "I can't even sit up on my fuckin' own." she mutters, her hands covering her face in embarrassment.

Elvis these past few weeks was in pain, emotional pain because he was seeing her in pain.

It hurt him so much to see her struggle like this, mentally and physically.

"Hey, it's okay, honey." he reassured giving her a small smile. "Do you want somethin' to eat—" he was about to place his hand on her stomach but she quickly swatted him away.

"Don't touch me — I look like somethin' straight out of the goddamn ocean!" she exclaimed before she completely bursted into tears. "I'm so fuckin' ugly."