〘 - 𝟎𝟔: 𝐀 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫 𝐈𝐬 𝐁𝐨𝐫𝐧

━━━━━━━━┛ ✠ ┗━━━━━━━━
📌 COLLIERVILLE, TENNESSEE
Campbell Residence
1957
━━━━━━━━┓ ┏━━━━━━━━

COLETTE WAS LAID on her back with her feet in the air giggling, twirling the cord of the telephone in her finger as her opposite hand held it to her ear.

"The Elvis Presley being shy as a little boy?" she spoke sarcastically. "No way — I just can't see it. I think you were the type to flirt with everyone's mothers."

"Absolutely not." his deep chuckle rumbled along the other line. "I still am shy."

"Says the one who was pressin' up on me in a  dressing room." she retorted.

"Last time I checked, you dragged me in there."

It's been a couple of weeks since their first unofficial date (which caused them both to end up with colds) and they've been joined at the hip since.

They call one another every morning and every night — sometimes even accidentally falling asleep on the phone.

The last time that they hung out was about two weeks ago on Beale Street.

They haven't hung out lately due to conflicting schedules between him in the studio recording songs for his movies and The Songbird's various performances across Tennessee, neither have caught a break.

Colette still has no idea how her father hasn't caught her sneaking out yet but Ruth who is the CEO of damage control, usually distracts him when her younger sister decides to see her beau.

Speaking of Ruth, her and B.B are officially going steady which caused for people to talk. It all started off with a photograph being spread around of them in an alleyway making out.

Colette is shocked that her and Elvis' names weren't smeared across the media yet and how they haven't been caught.

"I can hear the gears turnin' in your pretty little head, mama." he said, noticing her lack of verbalization.

"Pretty little head." she repeated, emphasizing the "little". "You insinuating that i'm stupid?"

"Wha—" he broke himself off with a laugh. "That ain't what I meant — quit the deflecting."

Colette sighed and rolled over to lay on her back, closing her eyes for a second. "I just...I miss you."

She could picture the stupid smile on his lips just by the way his voice softened. "I miss you too, darlin'. When can I see you?"

"My schedule is cleared after today." she explained. "Jus' need to meet with some guy today to discuss business about The Songbirds — somethin' bout a deal."

Silence.

"Oh." is all he said, almost sounding strained.

Colette smiled a bit to herself, biting her lip. "Don't get your feelins' all hurt, Presley. The guy is probably a geriatric — no need to worry."

"My feelins' ain't hurt." he said gruffly and she could just visualize the boyish pout on his face.

"Yeah yeah yeah." she laughed and he swore it was like music to his ears, bringing his pout upside down. "Anyway...i'm free after today so.." she trailed off.