【 ✷ 53: 𝙑𝙞𝙫𝙖 𝙇𝙖𝙨 𝙑𝙚𝙜𝙖𝙨

°•. ✿ .•°
📌 VEGAS
A WEEK LATER

MISTAKES PRESENT✿°。                          ✿°  

MISTAKES PRESENT
✿°。                          ✿°
   .❀。• *₊°。 ❀°

COLETTE ENDED UP going back to Vegas with Elvis just to scope out the situation — the babies back in Memphis with Ruth and B.B.

Though she's coping a bit better with being away from those little rascals, the underlying feeling of anxiety still is there.

Elvis, within the same day of the Colonel introducing the idea, managed to already get a large suite at the very tip top of the hotel.

Rehearsals are gonna be starting soon since the Colonel managed to get every single singer and musician that Elvis wanted super quickly.

Elvis had walked into the room first with his and Colette's duffel bag over his shoulders. "This is gonna be our home for durin' the summer." he announced boyishly.

Colette shut the door behind herself and walked fully inside, gaze wandering around the open area.

It was beautiful, modernistic in a way and held tons and tons of space.

"Is there a room for the twins?"

"Yeah, it's right next to ours, baby." he said, appearing back from out of the bedroom where he sat their bags and grasping her hand to lead her to the nursery.

It was obviously unfurnished for now but it was a decent enough room — a window outlooking the streets of Vegas.

"What do you think?" he asked, eyes boring into hers.

"I think it's cute."

"And what about openin' for me? Have you given that anymore thought?"

Colette's mouth open and closed like a fish before she deflated through a long breath. "I—I don't know, E. I haven't performed in such a long time. Music isn't really my...thing anymore."

"Collie, i've caught you singin' to the twins and writin' songs." he starts incredulously which caused for her to roll her eyes. Elvis took a step closer and grabbed her shoulders gently. "It still is your thing."

And he was right.

The babies had single-handedly brought back her joy of music because they are so joyful when they hear music.

"Listen, i'm not gonna force ya to do anythin'." he began softly, a ringed finger crooking underneath her chin so that she'd meet his eye. "But I really really really, think that this'll be a good thing for you. It can also help with clearin' your name. Speaking of which, what did Sam say?"