【 ✷ 43: 𝙒𝙚'𝙡𝙡 𝘽𝙚 𝘼𝙡𝙧𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩

°•. ✿ .•°
📌GRACELAND
July of 1968
MISTAKES PRESENT
✿°。                          ✿°
   .❀。• *₊°。 ❀°

COLETTE HUMMED ALONG with the tune of California Dreamin' as she prepares her own breakfast.

A soft kiss to her shoulder distracted her for a moment followed by that deep drawl. "Mornin' baby—the hell is that?" he interrupted himself, disturbed at the bowl in front of him.

"Food." she murmured as she stuck her fork into the concoction. "Pancakes and eggs and bacon are on the counter." she dismissively says, stepping around him to exit the kitchen.

Elvis scoffs and follows behind her into the living room. "Baby that ain't no food." he sat down beside her and watched her bite into the meal with a scrunched up face. "The hell is that? A pickle? At this hour?"

"I wanted pickles." she defended before picking up another circular piece and throwing it into her mouth.

"Is that peanut butter?" he began to chuckle lightly, hands running over his tired eyes. "Colette Marie..."

"Elvis Aaron.."

"You need to take a pregnancy test."

"I'm not pregnant!" she denies through a mouthful of the creation. "I would know if I was pregnant."

"Clearly not because you don't see anythin' unusual about eating pickles and peanut butter at nine in the morning!"

"I was just...craving it."

"Yeah, the baby in your stomach was cravin' it too." he half-jokingly comments before slapping his hands down onto his knees and standing up. "I'm going to get you a pregnancy test."

"Knock yourself out, it's gonna be negative." she encouraged with a pointed brow and a self-assured grin before her face lit up. "Ooh, can you get me a shake from McDonald's on the way back?"

Elvis looked at her, absolutely gobsmacked. "Do you hear yourself right now?" he said in disbelief. "You're pregnant, Collie, i'm tellin' ya."

"I'm not!"

"We'll see."

...

Colette knows that she's pregnant.

She's known from the minute she started having morning sickness last month.

Between the swollen breasts and the minor weight gain that Elvis hasn't mentioned, she knows.

But, she's in denial.

A part of her is overjoyed and glad that she's having Elvis' babies....the other half is scared shitless for obvious reasons.

Colette exits from the bathroom to find Elvis sitting on the floor outside of it. The minute that door opens, his head snapped up to look at her.

"You take 'em?"

She gave him a small nod before sitting down next to him and curling into his side.