〘 - 𝟏𝟐: 𝐌𝐲 𝐆𝐢𝐫𝐥

a/n
just an fyi the song that is featured in this chapter is i'm gonna make you love me by the supremes
━━━━━━━━┛ ✠ ┗━━━━━━━━
📌 COLLIERVILLE, TENNESSEE
Campbell Residence
1957
━━━━━━━━┓ ┏━━━━━━━━

THE YOUNGEST CAMPBELL sister got little to no sleep that night. Between waking up at 3am to puke her guts out and the lingering worry about Elvis, sleep was nowhere in the schedule.

She had isolated herself away from her sisters all day and stayed in bed writing some songs, cursing them out every-time they tried to come in even though the traumatic events of last night had absolutely nothing to do with them.

In all honesty, Colette felt ashamed of herself and embarrassed. She believes that it's her fault for getting damn near wasted and she should've fought against the guy harder.

She felt so disgusted by herself.

She exhaled deeply as she strums the strings of her guitar from her spot on the floor, humming the newly written lyrics in her songbook.

"My love is strong, you see, mmh.." she sang softly, tucking a curl behind her ear as she grasped a pencil to write down some chords to go along with the words. "My love is strong, you see I know you'll never get tired of me—"

KNOCK KNOCK !

"Goddammit." she slammed her pencil down in annoyance with a heavy eye roll. "Didn't I tell y'all to leave me alone?"

"I don't recall."

Colette's body froze up the minute she heard that deep drawl from the other side of the door that was slowly opening to reveal the dark haired singer.

She also noticed her two sisters standing behind him and peering into the room as well.

No doubt they called him up.

She let out a long breath and looked back down at her notes, continuing to write.

Truth be told, the minute that Elvis arrived at the Campbell Residence after getting a call from Elizabeth, he explained everything to them.

By everything I mean the Debra Paget situation.

Turns out that picture was taken on set nearly two years ago and was released now, most likely to stir unneeded drama and gossip at the height of Elvis Presley's arrest which was already all over the media.

The minute his eyes laid on Colette he damn near cried. Her hair was a mess, dark bags appeared under her eyes, and her usual radiant skin was ghostly pale.

The rest of her body was covered up in a large throw blanket and it was clear that she was wearing a baggy pajama set underneath that covered her legs and arms completely.

Elvis stepped into the room and closed the door behind himself as he walked over to where she sat on the fluffy area carpet.

"What ya workin' on there?" he questioned as he plopped down beside her, so close that their shoulders were practically touching.

Colette glanced up at him with raised brows, trying to ignore the close proximity. "You blind or somethin'?"

He breathed out a small laugh. "Well, you're workin' on a song clearly, but i'm askin' what song you're workin' on — what's it about?"