【 ✷ 49: 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙋𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙡𝙚𝙮 𝙏𝙬𝙞𝙣𝙨

°•. ✿ .•°
📌MEMPHIS
NEW YEAR's DAY
a/n
lightskin baby time
MISTAKES PRESENT
✿°。 ✿°
.❀。• *₊°。 ❀°

"DRUGS, DRUGS I need the drugs." she gritted out from where she sit, hands gripping onto the bed frame at the front of the hospital bed.

"Ms. Campbell, you're too late into labor to get an epidural." the nurse meekly informed, utterly intimidated by the singer.

"Then why the hell are you here?! Get out!" she aggressively said, trying her best to breathe in and out of her nose.

"I'm sorry." Ruth told the nurse as she scrambled out of the room.

It's been nine hours since she got to the hospital — nine hours in labor.

She's been stuck at being eight centimeters dilated for nearly five hours now.

"Where's Elvis?" she questioned, moving her body side to side at an attempt at easing the pain. "When is he gonna get here."

"His flight just landed i'm sure he'll be here any minute." she informed. "I called the rest of our friends and told them that you were in labor too. They'll be here by tonight."

Meanwhile, Elvis barely let the vehicle that he was in stop before he was leaping out of the car and running into the maternity ward of the hospital.

The sliding door opened at his motion and he rushed in.

Many people were flabbergasted at this — I mean, Elvis Presley just ran into your hospital.

"My wife is here." he said urgently to the front desk clerk. "The last name is Campbell."

"Room 102."

"Thank you." he then rushed into that direction.

When he pushed the door open, he found Colette hunched over the bed in a hospital gown — her long curls framing her face which was contorted in pain as one of her hands held Ruth's tightly.

"Oh, baby, i'm here." he moves quickly towards her.

Her head snapped up at his voice and she immediately bursted into tears. "E."

"I know, baby, i'm here now." he comes up behind her, leaning down to press a kiss on her cheek before running his hands up and down comfortingly upon her back. "What are the doctor's saying?" he asked Ruth who was standing on the other side of the bed.

"They said that she's eight centimeters dilated — we just have to wait it out."

"Did they give her any medicine?" he asks, beginning to comb his fingers through his fiancé's hair to pull it back into a braid.

"Only some morphine but it was too late to give her an epidural since she was already six centimeters dilated when we got here."

"Jesus Christ." he mutters under his breath. "Do you have a hair-tie?"

"Yeah." she quickly grasped the tie on her free wrist with her teeth before handing it over to him.