〘 - 𝟎𝟖: 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐇𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐞

━━━━━━━━┛ ✠ ┗━━━━━━━━
📌 COLLIERVILLE, TENNESSEE
Campbell Residence
1957
━━━━━━━━┓ ┏━━━━━━━━

ELVIS WAS THE first one awake that morning surprisingly.

He was normally not a morning person.

They had stayed up extremely late just laughing and talking. There was even a point in the night where Colette did his makeup, insisting that it's "sleepover tradition" even though the girl has never been to a sleepover in her life.

So he's shocked that he's awake with the rising sun.

He stares at her sleeping form that's on his chest — admiring the way that her cheeks squished together and the soft breaths escaping from her parted lips.

His finger came up and traced the slope of her nose, causing for it to scrunch up. Her body naturally snuggled closer into him and her face buried itself into his neck.

He smiles a bit to himself as his heart soared and pressed a kiss to her forehead before resting his chin on the top of her head, twirling some of the curls in her hair with his fingers.

He's never been this virtuously intimate with anyone.

He's never truly "cuddled" with a woman before and when he did, it wasn't anything innocent or serious, usually happening after a night of lust.

And I mean, his first serious girlfriend Dixie was a good church going girl with conservative ideals so there was absolutely no action there including cuddling in a bed.

But here he is with a girl who isn't one of his motel room dames nor his official girlfriend, innocently cuddling.

Colette stirred in his arms which caused for him to pull his head back a bit to look down at her.

Her eyes slowly fluttered open to meet his with a lazy smile. "Hi." she spoke softly.

Her disheveled curls, bleary eyes still glossy with sleep, her swollen lips — he could get used to seeing this every morning.

"Mornin' pretty mama." he ran his hand up and down her back soothingly. "You sleep good?"

"Mhm." she hummed and rested her head back onto his collarbone. "You're the best damn pillow — i'm bout' to knock right back out."

Elvis chuckles and tried coaxing her head back up with a finger scooping underneath her chin. "Can't sleep the day away, baby — lemme see em' beautiful eyes."

"No." she whined and tightened her arms around his shoulders, hiding her face. "Wanna stay here forever."

"You ain't hungry?"

"No." she lied....which was quickly prevalent to Elvis when her stomach rumbled. "Yes." she murmured with a defeated sigh.

"C'mon." he chuckled softly, patting her lower back as he began to sit up with her still clinging onto him as the sheets pooled around them.

It is now a well known fact that sleepy morning Colette is clingy and he was loving every second of it.

She climbed onto his lap and wrapped her legs around his hips, lightly tugging on the material of his borrowed button-up with her fingers.
"Five more minutes?"