kim chaewon › king (pt. one) [important a/n!]

Start from the beginning

It's nearing ten p.m., and you've been on the job for two hours now. The two of you had just got done rescuing nine of the kids, who were returned safely to their families. The last child was here at this house, you just have to find him. Six-year-old Lee Junseo.

You were dressed in a tight, black crop top, black skinny jeans, and black combat boots. Jisoo was wearing a plain white tee, black leather pants, and a matching jacket, paired with black combat boots as well.

You both had a bit of blood staining your clothes, but you paid no attention to it (as did everyone else). Your focus was solely on finding Junseo.

The two of you made your way to the large kitchen, where people were conversing with others and getting drunk off their asses. You and Jisoo grabbed a cup and then stood off to the side.

"Unnie," you called out quietly, leaning towards her. You spoke over the comms so that you could hear each other more clearly. "Let's split up to search the house. When either of us finds something, we'll call the other, okay?" You suggested.

Jisoo nodded, squeezing your hand before walking off into the crowd. You saw that the older was headed towards the rooms upstairs, so that leaves you with the downstairs.

This means that you have a lot of people to push through.

And so you did. And after pushing your way through crowds of people and searching the entire downstairs, you didn't find anything. Not a single trace of a young boy.

But it seems like Jisoo had better luck.

"Angel." You looked over towards the staircase when you heard Jisoo's voice.

"Yes, Unnie?"

"Upstairs. I hear something from this room. Go up the stairs, down the hall, take a right, and you'll see me. Third door to the left."

With that, you took off.

LEE JUNSEO POV.

"Jesus fucking Christ, you stupid fuck. Can't even do one little thing right! All you had to do was keep your fucking mouth shut! But what did you do? You fucking screamed! And if someone hears you, that could mean trouble for me!"

On the floor of the dirty room that reeked of alcohol, there sat orphan Lee Junseo. He was homeless and taken off the streets when he was four years old by Cha Jowon and Do Minjun when they kidnapped him two years ago. And right now, he's sitting in front of one of their highest paying clients, Lee Dongwon. He essentially paid to use the young boy as a punching bag. A way to relieve some sort of stress or pent up anger, he supposes. Sometimes it was for varying other reasons. All of it felt just the same.

And all the boy could think was why me?

Cowering in fear as the client shouted in his face, Junseo covered his ears, desperate to block out the man's angry voice. I shouldn't have screamed. The shouting was becoming overwhelming for the poor boy's sensitive ears, and pearl-like tears fell from his innocent eyes. His thin frame was trembling in fear of getting hit way harsher than before because of his reckless actions. At this point, he would much rather have the man simply kill him than continue to be put through this torture.

"Stop your fucking crying, I've barely just begun. You should be used to this shit by now." The man's rough voice broke Junseo from his train of thoughts, along with the foot colliding with his abdomen. Junseo whimpered in pain. He collapsed on the floor, again. He looked up to see that the man's face was flushed with an angry red hue. The man looked at him with fire and rage in his eyes, which could still be seen, even in the horribly lit room.