chaeryeong › fireworks (you're the one)

The afternoon sun rays that peeked into your room through the blinds caressed your face, like a warm hand brushing across your skin, coaxing you to awake from your sleep. Your eyes fluttered open, groggily darting around the room until they landed on your phone, which was located on your bedside table. You picked up the device and read the time.

Ten minutes past two.

An overly happy gasp escaped you, followed by an equally as excited squeal as you threw back your covers and swung your legs out of your bed. You hopped up and slid across your room, coming to an abrupt stop in front of a poster in your room. You looked at it with a bright smile.

"Today's the day." You brushed your hand across the material.

One might wonder: what's so special about today? Well, today was the day that you and your two best friends are going to be attending your first-ever ITZY concert, since it was decided that they'll hold a special New Year's performance.

You've been a fan of the group ever since 2019. Prior to that year, you had suffered from depression and a huge lack of motivation to do anything, including taking care of yourself. You were at an all-time low. But then, as you were slipping, you discovered ITZY. It was as if they took ahold of your hand and worked together to pull you up and out of your depression (that, and the meds were doing their job). They were a hand to hold in your darkness. At first, you only wanted to listen to a few of their songs, but that turned into being curious about their individual names, and then that led to you falling down the rabbit hole. And you couldn't be more grateful. They continue to inspire you everyday to be who you are, not compare yourself to others, and work hard.

And the best part about this concert is that you and your friends managed to snag front row seats. You literally could not be more excited.

Shaking yourself from your thoughts, you turned away from the poster and made your way to your closet. You opened the doors and admired the outfit you were going to wear.

🎆

You tied the laces of your black, knee-high combat boots and then adjusted your black pleated skirt for the last time, before looking over your figure in the mirror for what felt like the hundredth time. Now that the concert was only two hours away, your body was flooded with excitement, yet weighed down by nerves.

"Y/N! Are you ready?!" Your friend, Tae Kyungseok, called out from downstairs.

Your head snapped up and you looked at your closed bedroom door with fear in your eyes. Your stomach was doing full-on front flips at this point, and you felt sick. And you had no idea why. Maybe it was because it was your first ever concert.

Your eyes were just about to drift back to the mirror and your reflection, but you saw the knob twist, and then the door was gently pushed open. Kyungseok walked in and sat down on your bed. The two of you made eye contact in the mirror. You felt all of your worries melt away when you looked into your best friend's eyes.

"What's bugging you?" Kyungseok asked quietly.

You sighed. "I don't even know. Honestly, as soon as you came in, I felt a lot better. You'll be by my side the entire time, right?" You asked, biting your bottom lip as your eyes raked over your figure and attire again.

Kyungseok nodded with a bright smile. "Of course! I mean, Sookyung and I can't risk losing our shorty in the crowd, now can we?" He joked.

You turned around and kicked him in the shin with a goofy grin on your face. "Alright, asswipe, let's go."

🎆

The time was now. It was happening. You took a deep breath as you sat in your seat. It was nearing nine-fifty, and the concert would start in ten minutes. You could barely hold in your excitement. Before, you were nervous; now, you're still that, but there's also excitement and adrenaline thrown in the mix.