trainee logbook #1 › HONG EUNCHAE (pt. two)

A/N: I'm actually kinda shocked that people are still reading this book

A/N: I'm actually kinda shocked that people are still reading this book... like, sometimes I genuinely think that maybe this book might've gotten a little boring to read as it gets longer /: thank you again for 100K. 💕

***

The clock's little hand had just struck three in the afternoon, indicating that you and a group of other trainees have been practicing nonstop for the last six hours. You still have two more hours to go, unfortunately.

You say unfortunately because you don't feel good. You woke up with a strong headache, which you thought would go away on its own. Almost nine hours later, it's still here. On top of that, you're exhausted from all of the hours that you spend dancing and doing other physical activities everyday. But you can't stop. Your monthly evaluation is coming up soon, and you can't afford to slack off at a time like this.

So you keep pushing through the uncomfortable feeling creeping up at you.

Your group leader, Oh Haewon, spoke up after you all finished the run-through you were doing. "Alright, everybody, let's take a five-minute break to rest and drink water." She said.

As all of the girls dispersed, Haewon and Eunchae approached you, concern written all over their faces. Eunchae back hugged you, and Haewon placed her hand on your forehead. She immediately frowned when she felt your warm skin. She also noticed that you were sweating more than usual, that your face was flushed and your eyes were lidded, and that you had stumbled over a few steps in the run-through, which is highly unusual for you.

"Y/N," Haewon called out quietly, brushing your bangs back. You hummed. "Are you feeling alright? You don't look so good."

You frowned. You can't ever skip dance practice; what if you fall behind? Or maybe something else will go wrong. You just can't risk it.

"I'm fine, Unnie, I promise. I'm just really tired. I didn't get a lot of sleep last night." You lied.

Technically, your words themselves weren't a lie-you really did have a hard time sleeping the night prior. But you knew that it wasn't the reason for you feeling like this. You're well aware that it's because you're overworking yourself and not eating right.

Haewon bit her lip and sighed. "If you say so." With that, she walked away.

Eunchae, who was still holding you from behind, turned your body around to look at you. She cupped your cheeks and felt the warmth of your skin beneath her palms.

"Y/N, are you sure you're okay? You really don't look good. I'm worried." She whispered to you.

Her face was so close to yours. You know that this is probably not the best time and situation to get all flustered because of the crush you've developed on the older in the last few weeks, but you can't help it. She's just so pretty up close, even with your blurring vision.

Wait. Blurry vision?

And before you knew it, your knees buckled and you found yourself falling into Eunchae's embrace. Your eyes slowly shut and you slipped into an unconscious state.

Eunchae's eyes widened as she caught your body. Fear and worry washed over her when she noticed that your eyes were closed.

She laid you down on the floor and shouted. "Unnies! Help!"

The rest of the group turned to look over in your direction and then gasped. They all ran over, but most of them stayed a couple of feet back to give some space. Two of them, Yoona and Jiwoo went to go get a staff member and a medic.

Haewon was immediately by your side. Your body was lying in Eunchae's lap, as the older held you tightly. Haewon held your hand tightly in one of hers, while her other reached up to tap your cheeks in an attempt to wake you up.

After a few tries, your eyes fluttered open. As soon as they did, Eunchae shed a few tears and smiled widely as she leaned down to press her forehead against yours.

"God, you scared me, Y/N." You closed your eyes and smiled weakly.

The moment was interrupted when Yoona and Jiwoo, accompanied by a medic and a few staff members, burst into the room in a hurry. Immediately, the medic was by your and Eunchae's sides.

"She's going to be okay. She's just been overworked, and she's a little dehydrated too." The medic explained after checking on you.

Eunchae smiled at them and nodded. "I'll take care of her and make sure she rests and drinks plenty of water." She assured them. You smiled softly at her words.

The medic nodded, packed up their things, and then left after bowing to all of you.

Now, you were standing up, with the help of Eunchae. You and the older would be heading back to the dorms (which was decided after arguing with Eunchae and Haewon for a few minutes), while the rest of the girls continue to practice; they promised not to do too much without you, and that they would catch you up if they do.

Fifteen minutes later, you're now in bed with Eunchae cuddled up beside you, and you couldn't be happier.

You turned to her and smiled, to which she returned the gesture.

"What?" She inquired.

"Nothing," You shook your head. "I'm just really glad that I have you by my side, Chae." You whispered.

She grinned even wider, which you didn't think was possible, but didn't respond. Her smile, however, gradually softened, as she simply stared into your eyes.

And then, all of a sudden, you felt lips pressed against yours.

Your eyes widened. It felt as if your mind suddenly fogged up and your body felt lighter.

Eunchae just kissed you. She's still kissing you.

Kiss back, idiot!

You allowed your body to relax, and your eyes to flutter shut. Your hand slowly came up to cup her cheek as her lips moved carefully against yours. She was kissing you and holding you as if you were delicate; made of glass, perhaps. She had her hand placed on the curve of your waist as she slowly propped herself up on her elbow.

When she pulled away, you reluctantly opened your eyes, and were met with her bright ones looking down at you with a soft smile.

"Sorry for that, I don't know what came over me. I guess I just had a sudden surge of confidence." She whispered.

You shook your head. "It's fine." You kissed her cheek affectionately and grinned.

"I liked it."

***

On top of all the things I'm doing, I've got another book in the makings (with Chaewon), but it probably won't be published for a while, as I'm only a few chapters in. 😔

***

*No QOTD.