kim chaewon › set me free

A/N: First things first, we're almost at 100 parts, gays !!! 😵❤

***

You sighed deeply as Sakura rubbed your back soothingly. Your head was hung and your elbows were propped up on your knees as you continuously took deep breaths in and out.

You and your best friends were backstage of your high school's talent show. You were surrounded by students running to and fro, preparing things or warming up. You were sitting on a couch, trying to ignore the churning feeling in your stomach.

"Unnie," Eunchae called out. You looked up at her slowly. "You'll be fine. You have a beautiful voice and a talent and love for writing. Plus, your song is awesome! You've got this, I promise." She reassured you.

You purse your lips and don't respond, simply giving her a stiff nod. You have ten minutes until the talent show officially starts, and no amount of positive words of encouragement could calm you down at this point.

You were startled when Chaewon stepped forward and grasped your hand, then dragging you to a quiet corner.

She leaned you against the wall and cupped your cheeks. She leaned closer and placed her lips against yours, kissing you slowly. Gradually, you lost yourself in the feeling of her being close to you, and your body began to relax from its previous tense state.

"You'll be fine, baby. I know you can do this." Chaewon mumbled against your lips, before kissing you again.

When she pulled away, she peppered your face with kisses, smiling fondly. "My little star." She cooed.

You cracked a bashful smile and snaked your arms around her waist, to which she wrapped her arms around your neck and squeezed you tightly, stroking your hair with gentle touch.

"I believe in you."

Ten minutes later, you found yourself standing in a single file line of the students performing in the show, a guitar slung across your shoulder. There were only two acts in front of you; your classmate named Park Chaeyoung, and another student named Jeon Jeongguk.

You closed your eyes and began taking slow, deep breaths. And you don't know how it happened, but when you opened your eyes, it was your turn.

Shit.

With shaky legs, you walked up the steps to the stage. You were instantly met with bright lights shining down on you, nearly blinding you. The crowd gave a small applause for you as soon as they caught sight of you, which admittedly startled you.

Cautiously, you made your way to the barstool that was set up for you, accompanied by a mic stand.

Looking out into the crowd of parents and fellow students, your stomach dropped, making you freeze up.

Stage fright's a bitch.

You hadn't even realized that you were simply sitting there, staring at the crowd, pale-faced and frozen in your spot, until you heard footsteps running up to you, and then coming to a halt.

"It's hard to describe this feeling, what I feel for you is something I've never known."

You rigidly looked to your left and saw Chaewon standing beside you, singing the opening lines to the song you write. She was always there when you were writing the song, so you're not surprised that she would know the words by heart.

She looked back at you and gestured for you to play the chords on the guitar and sing with her. Reluctantly, while keeping your eyes locked with hers, you began to strum the string of the instrument in your arms, and eventually, you began to sing along with her.

"I love you, and I wanna know if you have ever thought this way about me. Will you see me, and look back my way to say 'hey, I know you'?"

As the song continued, you felt your shoulders relax, and she placed her hand on your shoulder as you continued to sing in harmony (she sometimes stopped to let you sing some of the parts). When you reached the bridge of the song, you looked at the crowd with a warm smile, and sang the high note with ease.

"Your love, babe, it gets me so high, yeah. Will you ever know the way I feel? I'm hopelessly in love with you. Just say you feel it too."

Going into the post-chorus, you stopped playing the guitar and closed your eyes to sing the last line with a quiet, deep timbre.

"It's hard to keep it inside. Set me free."

***

QOTD: super unserious question but like also not, WHO'S EXCITED FOR THE LE SSERAFIM COMEBACK ???
AOTD: if your answer isn't 'me' then LEAVE, you're UNFORGIVEN /j (did you get the pun, tho?)

Also, which one of you are tryna buy me the lightstick ? ✌🏼🥺