xxviii. crystal ball

Depuis le début

"How did it go, Hagrid? The hearing?" Hermione asked, she had grown fond of the beautiful creature and hoped that all went well. "Well, first of, the committee members took turns talking about why we were there."

Hagrid spoke tossing in a rock. "And then I got up and did my piece, said how Buckbeak was a good hippogriff, always cleaning his feathers. And then, Lucius Malfoy got up. Well, you can imagine." Rosalyn hummed. "He said Buckbeak was a deadly and dangerous creature who would kill you as soon as look at you."

Hagrid grumbled throwing a rock down. Hermione tilted her head. "And then?"

"And then he asked for the worst, did ol Lucius." Hagrid peered back at them. "They're not sacking you." Ron says squinting.

"No, I'm not sacked." Hagrid declared throwing down a rock taking a sigh. "Buckbeak's been sentenced to death!" He cried out, Rosalyn felt incredibly angry at the thought, Malfoy's ruin everything.

𖤐↯☆★↯𖤐

Rosalyn had been using up her time in the library, going over the test notes Hermione had given to her to borrow. They seem more complicated than the test. "Who spends that's much time on notes?" She mumbled to herself, eventually having enough of studying for the day.

"Rosalyn?"

She froze upon the unfamiliar voice, she looked up at a pair of baby blue eyes that belonged to Cedric Diggory. She had seen him around before always caught him staring at her whenever she came across him, his friends would often tease him about it. Rosalyn didn't find it weird for some odd reason, he was two years above her and was quite popular among his peers.

"Yes?" Rosalyn said slinging her bag over her shoulder, peering up at him, noticing how tall he stood. Cedric smiled kindly and held out a small sheet of parchment paper to her, Rosalyn immediately recognized the hand writing. "I thought you might want this back."

Rosalyn nodded taking the sheet, Hermione would have had her head if she lost it. "Y-yes, thank... you, Cedric." She mentally punched herself in her mind for being so awkward. Cedric chuckled lightly. "Yeah, you're welcome."

Rosalyn adjusted her bag and walked around him and quickly walked out the library and exhaled at the relief. "What the hell was that?" She mumbled shaking her head. Cedric smiled watching the girl disappear through the hall of students.

𖤐↯☆★↯𖤐

Hermione found Rosalyn outside by the Black Lake with her notes in hand. "Hey, are you ready?" Hermione spoke up, gesturing to the time-turner hanging around her chest. Rosalyn nodded and approached her.

"What's wrong?" Hermoine asked, noticing the odd expression on her face. Rosalyn shrugged. "Nothing, why?" She asked, Hermione shook her head. "You just seem, like, you're trying to figure out something but don't know what it is."

She placed the golden necklace over Rosalyn's head. "I can't believe I'm saying this— but Ron is right, how do you know everything?" Rosalyn wonder and Hermione smiled chuckling with a shrug. "It is a gift."

The time went back when they arrived to their seats in Divination class. Rosalyn sat on the edge of Ron whilst the boy doozy off. "Broaden your minds, you must look beyond. The art of crystal gazing is in the clearing of the inner eye. Only then can you see."

Professor Trelawney came around to the group, Harry quickly straightened up whilst Ron wiped the drool off his chin. "Now, what do we have here, mmh? How about you, child, give me your hand." Rosalyn side-glanced the woman before she placed her hand in to the woman's hand.

Trelawney closed her hands around Rosalyn's humming lowly. "My dear, from the first moment you stepped foot in my class. I sensed that you did not possess the proper spirit for the noble art of Divination." She peeled her hand open, drawing a circle inside Rosalyn's hand.

"No, you see, there?" Rosalyn clenched her jaw, wanting to snatch her hand away. "Ah, you may be young in years, but the heart that beats beneath your bosom is as shriveled as an old maid's. Your souls, as dry as the pages of the books to which you so desperately cleave, mm-hmm."

Rosalyn met her gaze with an annoyance written all over her face. She huffed ripping her hand from the teacher grasp and stood up but not before smacking the crystal ball off the table. Rosalyn grabbed her bag and walked out the classroom.

Trelawney turned to the other three, they seemed somewhat surprised by the action. "Have I said something?"

𖤐