◆Chapter 120◇

Start from the beginning

"You're the one who won't be getting a happy ending!"

He swung him through the floating slabs of concrete, destroying them in the process. Miyuki winced as debris flew over them and she felt Mirio's grip around her tighten.

"Cover yourself, Onee-San! You're gonna get injured!" Mirio urged, pushing her head back down before he warped into the earth.

Even though they were under and her body suddenly felt as light as air, the vibrations of the battle taking place on the surface still resonated through her body. Miyuki's gut churned as she looked out at the dark space around her. The faint sound of Zin's voice passed through her ears and her chest tightened and tightened until she felt like she could no longer breathe.

Oka-san, Papa... Kasumi... Katsuki...

She squeezed her eyes shut when they re-emerged on the battle ground. Miyuki tumbled from Mirio's arms, accidentally grazing her forearm as she fell, but the pain was practically non-existent as she turned back to Izuku and Zin's fight, her gaze fixating on the woman's face coming from one of Zin's fingers.

Oka... San...?

"Izuku..." she murmured.

She watched as Zin landed on one of the floating platforms, bringing the green-haired boy's attack to a stop.

"I don't care how you dress it up! I won't fall for the same move again!" He shouted.

"Second! Transmission!" Izuku called out before vanishing in a blur of colours.

In the next instant, he appeared right next to Zin and before the villain even registered his presence there, Izuku activated Gearshift and slammed his fist into Zin's gut, sending him flying into the air at top speed. Miyuki looked on with awe at her best friend...

"This is..." she whispered, strands of hair whipping over her shocked expression. "One for All..."

"...The sound got delayed...?!" Mirio exclaimed in amazement when Zin's body broke past the sound barrier mere seconds after he was hit.

"Yuki-Chan!"

Miyuki jumped as if she'd been jolted by electricity. Izuku glanced at her from the corner of his eye. He held out his hand.

"Come! We said we'd be heroes together. Remember? We pledged to face the future together!" He whipped around to face her, determination flashing in his glowing eyes. "Come on!"

She froze, uncertainty flitting across her expression.

"The fact that she isn't fighting back anymore means she's already given up," Zin said as he started to fall. Feathers popped out of his bulging arm, wrapping around it like a shield made of a steel-like nature. "You're wasting your breath on her. Don't you get it yet? Focus on saving yourself!"

"Yuki-Chan! You can... still fight!" Izuku persisted, activating Blackwhip again, body glowing just as brightly as hers as he readied his next attack. "Come on! We still have to protect the future together...!"

He and Zin collided once more. Miyuki shielded her face from the shockwave of their clashing attacks, a blinding light of green and white exploding all over the battlefield.

For a moment, she heard nothing. She couldn't see or feel anything, either, the heat of the air evaporating from around her as if it had been whisked away. Even so, she knew she wasn't dead or even unconscious. Mirio was too far from her, protecting Nejire and Tamaki, to have gotten to her so quickly. So what was going on all of a sudden?