Chapter 25

Viserra felt the breath leave her body the moment words came from Aemond's mouth. The confession was something she did not know she needed to hear. His warm hand remained under her chin as she admired the way the sapphire sparkled in the candlelight. It was a dangerous and uncertain path they were headed on, but she couldn't deny the allure of the possibilities that lay ahead.

"I did ask it of you," she confirmed, her finger tracing around his scar. Maybe it was the vulnerability and intimacy that they had just shared, but at the moment she believed his words. They would be able to conquer whatever war would bring and also attain the power he spoke of. "Though we must be careful," she continued, "we cannot let such a desire blind us to the consequences of our actions."

Drawing in a much needed breath, Viserra brought her lips up to his. The kiss was full of intensity and passion, both reveling at the power and responsibility suddenly laid at their feet. She brought herself up to straddle his lap. The heat between their bodies seemed like it could have lit a fire right there on the bed.

Without breaking their lips apart, Aemond firmly wrapped his arms around her waist to lift and place her underneath him. Completely surrendered to the moment, she did not resist and willingly let him guide her to where he wanted.

Carefully, he set one hand on either side of her head, pulling himself from the kiss and meeting her eyes with his one. His silver hair fell over his shoulders, framing the sharp features of his face. Their breathing momentarily became the only sound heard in the dim room as they held each other's intense gaze.

"Aemond," she breathed, her voice barely above a whisper. She studied his face in an attempt to decode the thoughts running through his mind. The only thing she could decipher was something mixed between primal lust and darkness. If she had been right in her reading of him, it was also something she felt mirrored within herself.

Viserra wrapped her legs around his slim figure, pulling his body closer to hers. In response to the desperate behavior, he lowered himself down to his elbows and brought his face closer to hers.

"Nuha Dāria, " he mumbled into her mouth, quickly consuming her with a kiss before she could formulate a reply or process his words. My Queen.

Continuing to distract her with his lips, Aemond reached around her leg to align himself with her entrance. Realizing she was still slick from their previous activity, he let out a satisfied chuckle. There was no hesitation in the way he ravished her now, but for some reason he held back from actually taking what he wanted.

The anticipation drove her wild and a split second of worry flashed across her mind when she felt him pull his mouth from hers. Furrowing her brow, she looked over his face again to try and understand if and what game he was playing.

"I want to know how much you want this," he growled into her ear. The sudden demand sent shivers over her skin.

Viserra understood this game. He wanted to be desired and accepted yet still needed to ultimately feel like he was the one in control. "Gods Aemond, really?" She whined, a half laugh left her lips with the words. "You need not hold back from me."

"Not sufficient," he spoke, bringing his mouth down to her neck and starting with soft nips to her skin.

"I want you, Aemond," she breathed, the words not far from the truth, "I might turn to dust if you up and left me in this state."

"Say it again," he growled, the words muffled into her neck.

For whatever reason, his demands did not seem to bother her at all.

"Avy jorrāelan," she pressed, her voice more sure and clear. "Sir." I need you. Now.

He immediately released his hand and pushed himself into her, a gasp leaving her mouth at the same time. In a poor attempt to ground himself, Aemond bit down on the flesh just above her collarbone, the combination of sensations seemed to scramble her thoughts for a moment.