Chapter 38: Was I wrong?

"Anna, will you explain me this one?"
Aric dragged a chair and faced her forward.

"I also don't know much, but fine I will try."
She opened the English textbook and was explaining him the poem when accidentally she caught his gaze at her.

"What's wrong?" She waved him indicating him to come back.

"You danced so well yesterday."
He meant the one she did the day before on the show and even when he was saying that his cheek was on his hand and isn't moving at all.

"It wasn't that much good. Anyway, thank you and to be honest, I actually felt something uneasy."

"Why so?"

"I felt like I forced you to snap photo yesterday. So"

"No..no...I felt like I will loose this opportunity if I don't grasp it the day before. So"

"Are you sincere?"

"Yes."

Some days later...

"How are you doing sister?"

Brother Phub Tshering came forward with some friends as she was washing her hand on the tap behind the kitchen.

"Am good brother and what about you?"

"Am fine, just having some stress as exam is approaching near."

"Hope almost finished with revision?"

"Not really...haha..."

"All the best brother, study well."

As they came down the steps having some conversation, she spotted Aric exactly in the opposite direction staring somewhat seriously at her bringing both her body and mind into halt.

"Aric," before she could finished calling him out he moved back to the classroom.

"Maybe he got angry seeing us together."

"

Don't worry brother, I will try to explain him."

"Aric, I want to tell you something, last time you told me about brother Phub Tshering."

"So what?"

"Actually I adopted him as my brother."

"So, why are you telling me all those?" Again his red ear be spotted for the third time seems so.

"Aric, please listen to me. Am sorry if I hurted you but my intention wasn't that..."

"So what's your intention then?"

"I knew it all along you will be mad at me once you come to know this but am honest here Aric, he is really a good person who really took care of me when I was alone there and he even said that he doesn't have any hard feelings especially for you. So, I just want to clear the misunderstanding between you two."

"That's good. Now you found someone to take care of you so you won't need me." He just wasn't looking at her.

"Aric, I didn't mean that."
She just couldn't understand what went wrong and where.

"Maybe I shouldn't have done that. Had I known I wouldn't be able to convince him, maybe I shouldn't have tried at first go only and I think I only messed up everything." She couldn't see the hurts he hides behind his eyes everytime and says he is fine. She can sense it making her feel guilty of her did even when she didn't mean to but boys are from Mars and girls are from Venus so that's indeed true that boys value their ego at some point.

"I am sorry Aric, I think I was wrong. Actually I just wanted to help you out but I didn't knew I would be hurting you more but please don't ever say those words again cause you are my hidden angel and I need you always hmm..."

That hurts, really, she started shedding tears again and as she was about to leave he caught her wrist and made her sit down.

"That's fine but you need not have to cry over that small topic like a wimpy kid."

"Cause I felt guilty."

"Alright, here am fine hmm."

"I know Aric, your ego got hurt but just to make me feel at ease you are lying to me. I think I won't be able to meet anyone who would see me all through henceforth like you. am sincerely sorry Aric."

She just got lost for a while...