Chapter 20: Proposal..

"it's better to leave after letting him know Anna." Sanu hugged her from behind as they looked down from the corridor.

"But I think he already knows that. If not he won't ignore me like that."

"That's fine dear, still then you can try once and let things be taken care of. That's still better than having an unrequited love, isn't it?"

"Maybe I should listen to you. Thank you for your suggestion dear."

"It's alright..so, how is your interaction going with your brother? Are you processing towards your goal?"

"I don't think so. I mean sometimes he is really a great person and at times he irritates me more and put blame on me too."

"That's indeed great."

"What?"

"Yes, it's great cause you are getting to know him pinch by pouch. Both of you are seeing each other's strength and weekness too. That's a process dear and trust me some day you will completely forget your bestie and will be able to move on but I doubt one thing." She patted on Anna's shoulder giving her a smirk.

"What's that?"she gave that confuse look back at her.

"I doubt you will fall for your brother at some point." She lowered her head down as if did a mistake and the rat got caught in the net.

"Hey, what nonsense. I think of him as my little brother though isn't blood related. Moreover, am not able to forget bestie till now and his ignorance still pricked me more."

"Hey, don't be sentimental. Nevermind my words hmm..I was just stating the possibility."

"I was just checking your mind."She giggled that made them play peek-a-boo for a while.

"Anna, it's raining. Let's go." Sanu dragged her by the hand and off they went running around the corner and on the highway, started dancing crazily. For a moment Anna forgot everything and only wished their long friendship shall never fade away no matter where they would land in the awaiting future.

Next morning, she confessed her love in a piece of paper and put it inside his chemistry textbook lying on the table. As the second period bell rang, she hurriedly moved out as it was mathematics time and it has been around a month she had dropped that subject.

That was the first risk she has ever taken into such things. For a minute she was really afraid of her image, her reputation because she has never confessed to anyone before that. If he reject her, she would maybe consider herself so low and thought of secretly taking the chit out before he sees it..BUT, this word always lies in every decision she makes. She has to resist this short term of hurt than to be disappointed for a long journey. She still need to confront that dilemma stage that it's just a matter of time and someday or another she would overcome this heartbreak. After taking such a step, she slowly moved towards the classroom to get his respond though she knows what it will be.

"Anna, bestie gave you this chit." Prem landed her a piece of paper.

"Hey, Anna.. what's that? let's see.. he might have written I love you Anna." The girls surrounded her and took the chit away. They were creating such a lovey-dovey fantasy but she knows deep down what is written even before opening it.

"It's not good to look at others personal stuff." From the corner of the door, someone snatched the paper and as she turned back

"Aric.."

"Here." He landed the chit back to it's rightful owner.

"What was that?" For a while she was speechless and nothing came to her mind.

As he was about to go downstairs from their grade section, she hurriedly went and caught his hand.
"Thank you Aric."

He smiled for a while and shuffled her hair before heading towards hostel.

As she opened the chit:
"I am sorry Anna."that was more painful indeed.