Chapter 7:The dramatization...

Home-room teacher entered the classroom with a rolled paper on the hand. Quite fat and short height that's how dzongkha teacher used to be usually. Some students says his teaching is a sleeping tablet but she likes attending dzongkha class though she wasn't that much good in it.

"It's a group dramatization competition. There's 1 week of practice time and will do it next week. Captain, paste it on the board and be prepared as the marks will be added to your CE. I have some work to do, so do self study for now and don't get outside and cause problems. Thank you."

"Okay, sir." and back to the chaos class again. Some sleeping, shouting and some playing games.

Present time...

"I could understand it now why our teacher used to remind us time and again to study well and not cause troubles and all. I can feel exactly how they all had gone through all those hard moments when you people doesn't listen to what I say and do naughty things. Truly handling students isn't as easy as we think."

"So sister, you also used to do naughty things back in school days?" It was Sital(a student of class VII) who always thinks about sleeping during tuition hour.

"You are exactly my image Sital."

"Our sir just explains the topic and ask us to study and when he ask questions and we happen to give a wrong answer, that's for sure we are doomed." Raj( her first cousin studying in class VII) also added to the conversation.

"You know what students, when I was in primary school, my math teacher used to be so strict and beat us mercilessly, sometimes with stone and hammer too. I never had that urge to appear before him with my doubts though I had a load cause I always fears he would beat me again. Slowly, I lost my interest in mathematics and even when I reached secondary level, as simple topic as division used to be so hard for me until I met my math teacher (Sir. Sherab Jamtsho) of class IX and X. Truly, he was such an hardworking and interesting math teacher I had ever met and he always used to encourage us saying, (I know you can do it and you have the potential to do it.) Those words actually used to encourage us more and get into learning mathematics. His teaching techniques and skills were fabulous and he used to teach frankly like an friend whenever we go for asking doubt in which it slowly, made me feel easier to ask him doubts. So, am really grateful for our sir and truly he will stay as one of my favorite teacher throughout my life without whom I doubt I would ever qualified from grade X. From him, I knew beating alone isn't the only way to make an student improve his academic performance." As she finished her talk, 23 eyes were fixed at her, listening it too carefully.

"If you all listened with the same energy in the classroom, it won't be necessary for you to get tuition."

"All teacher isn't like your sir and you sister."

"Please, only like our sir. I just taught what I learnt from my teacher. You, all can also do well in life as you all are talented enough..so, study well okay."

"Thank you sister."

Back to 2019...

Sir. Sherab (D) for dzongkha came to do away with the result of dramatization result.

The ultimate score was done by group number...#silent#...(4)

that was for bestie's group (all clapped) and even Anna was so happy for him when her own group (6) got into the runner up position.

As she turned back and looked at all her group members, she saw Aric smiling at her from his far back seat and she also smiled back. That's how they started to know each other then.