Chapter 36: The bet...

It has been months now they had been studying together and learning from one another, at times just chit chatting and playing to do all fun together.

"Are you alright?"

"Yes, why?"

"Just because you are holding your chest."

"Haha.. that's because."

"Why?"

"Nothing, you won't understand."

"If you don't tell me how will I understand? Anyway, leave those things aside and here call me elder sister hmm...just once."

"Why should I call you sister?"

"Cause am your sister."

"I don't want to call you my sister."

'was he kidding with me or' she wondered for a while for he said the line somewhat in a serious tone.

"Anyhow am your sister even if I don't adopt you. So, here call me elder sister just once hmm. I want to hear you say that."

"Why are you pestering so much about me calling you sister?"

"Cause everyone is asking what kind of relationship are we having?"

"Just tell them you are my..."paused for a while again.

"Sister."

"Yes sister."

"But they are not believing me saying we are not staying like how a brother and sister used to stay usually. So, henceforth call me elder sister hmm."

"They might be jealous with you."

"Why would they?"

"Cause you have me." raising his brow again indicating how smart he was.

"Hey, keep your stupid hypothesis with yourself. Fine here, let's bet. Last time I told you that every Friday we get (alu dam) at dinner and it will always rain for sure but you didn't agree with me. So, if it rains this Friday too then you have to call me elder sister."

"What if you lose then?"

"You do whatever you wish."

"Are you sure. Okay then if it doesn't rain this Friday I will throw you from the class corridor. Will that be fine?"

"Deal." With the same spirit.

Friday...

"Hey, it didn't rain yesterday and we still got alu dam at dinner. So who won?"He was smiling broadly as if like winning that bet has been to his heart.

"It seems you really wished to throw me off the corridor and that's rude. Fine, it's a bet anyway, so move ahead."

"Come closer, I can't reach my hand there."

As she closed her eyes and came closer, a hand made her turn back and loose her hair and tied it again finally tapping her cheek.

"That's it."

That was strange. Instead of doing what he really said, he was doing her hair.

"Hey, you didn't threw me down?" The question just blurted out in haste when his reply was simply a smile,

"Stupid girl."