Chapter 28: The nightmare...

"Girls tie your hair properly and all of you heat the hydrogen sulphide inside the test tube." Sir L.M Mishra instructed the students to be ready for the practical inside the Chemistry lab.

"Why, those seats are empty? Who used to be there?" He seems like an jolly person but is quite strict regarding punctuality and sincerity.

"Who all are missing? Give me their name class president."

"Sir, Aric had stomach ache and went directly to the lavotary and he might be busy downloading it all. Actually he asked me to convey the message but I somehow forgot it."

The silent class burst out into laughter and she just didn't knew how to protect her brother as she saw the long stick in his hand so simply told whatsoever came to her mind though she herself doesn't know where they were.

"What about the rest?"

"Don't know sir. Maybe they might be there."

In a minute they were seen in group heading towards the lap, lollipop  inside their mouth and chatting on their own.

"Hey take out your lollipop Sir is here." As soon as she conveyed the message through the window they all took it out, thank goodness Sir didn't saw her.

"Where have you all been?"

She quickly dragged his arm and signified him to tell him he was in restroom.

"Sir..I.."

"Sir, probably he didn't heard the bell rang." She pinched him to act like he is satisfied then.

"Ahh...yes sir I was in the restroom and didn't heard the bell rang. It won't happen henceforth."

"You better not."

"What did you told to the class that everyone is looking seriously at me?"

"Nothing,.will let you know later. Anyway, be thankful I saved you today."

The oozing out of fumes, the compact room and all those chemical reaction taking place suffocated her even more. It's becoming harder for her to take breath and immediately she bend down and covered herself under the desk.

"Come out." Aric lead her outside and made her sit down for a while.

"If you couldn't stay there, you should not have come at first instant only. You go to the classroom, I will join you after wrapping up here."

"Am fine..I will just stay here."

"Why are you not listening to me? You just go for now."

"Please leave me alone..I beg you.. please.." a 15 years old girl was crying desperately and was trying her best to escape from that tiny room. As soon as she reached the door latch, a strong manly hand would catch her hard and bring her back. The scary touch of that man and the attempt to escape from that place, that dark reality actually dig a deeper thorn inside her.
His strong manly hand was dragging her again when she screamed out loudly, "please leave me."

"Anna, it's me Aric."

She was sweating heavily and got scared all over again. Thus, cried her eyes out just looking at him.

"Aric, am feeling scared."

"Am sorry I shouldn't have sent you alone. It's alright am here, nothing will happen to you hmm.." he dragged her close and patted her back in the process of consoling her.

"Are you alright?"

"Bit well."

"Are you feeling sick?"

"No..I just had a nightmare that isn't leaving me alone. Actually, it has been torturing me for a long time now."

"Anything that's hard to forget? You can share with me if it ease your pain."

"No.. it's alright. I had forgotten it all but somehow it comes back."

"I had been praying to God for you and I know you will surely be able to move forward someday or another."

"Was it true that he really prayed for me or is it just to console me? Why 2017 has been the unluckiest year for all three of us like an connection:( bestie got heart disease, Aric's first love died and Anna had a tragic past all when they were studying in grade IX though hadn't met in reality."

"Thank you so much Aric. It means a lot."

"You just stay happy, that's enough for me."