Chapter Fifty- Six

Start from the beginning

"Ryder you look unbelievable...."

"Thanks Holly."

"You ready for this, in an hour you're going to be marrying Joey?"

"Nervous, I guess...."

"Why are you nervous?"

"I really don't know, just am."

"Relax, everything is going to be perfect. You're going to get married to a fucking New Kid of all people then spending two weeks in fucking Paris France, and probably make another baby in the process knowing you two."

"Really...?"

"Really. Listen I'm going to head down now. I can't wait to see the look on Joey's face when he sees you."

I forced a smile, and with a hug she left leaving me alone in this room for the first time, since we got here. I just stood there in front of the mirror, staring at my reflection. I don't understand why I am feeling like this. I love Joe more than anything in this world, why does this wedding feel like a mistake all of a sudden. I felt the tear trickle down my face, and I wiped it away. It feels like the air is being sucked out of the room and I can't breathe. 

Here we are 11:30 and we all started to fill the ballroom at the Newbury, the countdown begins till she is mine forever. 

"Hey dude you ready for this?"

Donnie leans over and whispers.

"Never been so ready and sure of anything in my entire life."

I see the smile on his face and his hand on my shoulder.

"I just want to tell you how happy I am for you and Ryder. I've known since we were kids that you two would end up together."

"How so...?"

"Remember back when you and her went to Child's Play and I was working?"

"Yeah....."

"I asked you what you were doing bringing her to that movie, because no guy brings a girl to a scary movie without wanting to put moves on her. Just like no girl goes with a guy to one without the hopes of having someone to cling too. You said she was your best friend, and it was just a movie. What you fail to realize is that I could see the way both of you looked at each other that night. That you both had feeling for each other."

Our conversation was interrupted by a tap on my shoulder. I looked over to see Jordan's father Allan who is going to officiate the wedding. 

"Joe, it's time to take your place, ceremony is going to start in 15 minutes."

This is it......I smiled and with a nod to Donnie walked to the front of the ballroom. 

The hotel door opened, and I see Tracy appear in the doorway.

"Ryder you look gorgeous."

"Thank you...."

"You are going to stop Joe's heart when he sees you."

I just smiled, trying to not let on the doubts I am having to his sister.

"Well, you need to head down in ten minutes."

"Okay...."

With a smile she left. The tear dropped my eye, I can't do this, I know I can't.

Here it is, it's go time. Suddenly the sound of music fills the room and slowly I watch my groomsmen and her bridesmaids walking down the aisle and take their places. The minute I hear the sound of Christina Perri Thousand years begin and smoke starts to fill the room The butterflies start. I hold my breath at the anticipation of her walking down the aisle to me. I couldn't help the tear that trickled out of my eyes just waiting for this moment.

The music continued what felt forever but I didn't see her. I look over at Tommy and he looked back at me. My heart bottomed out. It was a few minutes later her brother walked up to me,

"I don't know how to say this, she is gone.....The hotel room is empty."

End of book 1

Book 2 coming soon