Chapter Twenty-One

Here I sit across from Joey in this small little Italian restaurant, tucked away in a back corner away from most of the other patrons. I stood looking at the menu as I can feel Joey staring at me.

"Joey you're staring at me. "

"You know Ry Ry I don't think I told you how pretty you look today."

"What you sucking up for McIntyre?"

"I'm not I can't pay my girlfriend a compliment."

"Girlfriend? We never discussed titles."

"Yes girlfriend, you are saying you're not?"

"I'm not saying anything other than we haven't even discussed titles."

"Let's be real for a minute here Ryder, I told you I was bringing you to lunch to talk. Listen so I was thinking maybe you should just take the rest of the semester off and just pack up your dorm room and just officially move into my house, you been there more than your dorm room anyways."

"I can't do that Joey."

Just then the waitress walks up and takes one look at Joey and gasps. All I thought is here we go she knows who he is.

"Good afternoon Mr. McIntyre I'm Shauna I'll be your waitress can I start you with something to drink?"

"Yeah, let me get a Heineken and my girlfriend will have....."

"Girlfriend.... oh"

"Yes girlfriend, Ry Ry baby what do you want to drink?"

I have to admit as much as I didn't want to him calling me his girlfriend made my heartbeat pick up and my hands began to sweat. He didn't even hesitate, and he didn't care what she thought either. I couldn't help but smile and I could feel my cheeks blush.  

"Ry Ry....."

"Oh sorry, can I have a diet Pepsi please."

She didn't say another word just walked off with our drink order.

"Joey, you told her I was your girlfriend....."

"Yes, I have nothing to hide. Ryder you know you are my girl; I didn't think I formally had to  say the word girlfriend for you to get it. I don't care who knows it or who likes it. But I do want you to understand something."

"okay....."

"No matter what I do there will be girls that just throw themselves at me, I never touched one and I never will, but I need you to understand it does happen. I never want you to get upset so I have to put it out there. There is going to be paparazzi, news reports and just a bunch of stuff when word gets out. Do you trust me Ryder?"

"Yes..."

"I promise I will handle it the best I can, and I will try to make it as easy on you as I can. But there will be girls who will just be mean and nasty to you just because you're with me. Things change, people change when it comes to things like this, and I want you to be prepared for when it does. Because it will happen and probably soon since I've made no attempt to hide the fact, I'm with you in public.""

"You should know me better than that, I really don't give a shit what other people say. I just can't see girls crawling on you that's the only thing."

The conversation was paused when the waitress brought our drinks and took our food order.

"Ok now that she is gone like I was going to say, security does a good job at trying to keep the girls from grabbing us. But you also need to understand when we do a video there are girls in it who play our girlfriends, it doesn't mean anything it's just a job. If it comes to it and it make you more comfortable, I'll bring you to the set."